Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

BUSAN SATURI!!

challenger
New in Town

BUSAN SATURI!!

Postby challenger » May 30th, 2011 8:19 am

I really hope you guys can do more Busan saturi. I love Korea, but I (sorry) hate Seoul. Being in Seoul almost put me off learning Korean. I want to live in Busan..it's the second biggest city, and more and more foreigners are going there. BUT, if we speak standard Korean, people in Busan don't really like it..well, that's what my friends from Busan said. I want to learn how to speak Korean with Busan intonation. So it would be great, if you added 'Busan dialect' to some lessons, like how you add informal and formal versions of the dialogue. I'd be so happy!

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » May 31st, 2011 7:11 am

BUT, if we speak standard Korean, people in Busan don't really like it.

I love Busan too (yes more than Seoul) -- and having been around the country a couple times I can say with some certainty that the majority of Koreans everywhere are extremely happy just to hear you speaking in Korean.

Anyway, broadcast and Internet and people moving all over the country have pretty much propagated the Seoul dialect as standard Korean, and if you speak standard dialect well you will be able to pick up other dialects as you spend time conversing with the locals.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”