Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

You need to do these lessons!

kingplaya4
Been Around a Bit

You need to do these lessons!

Postby kingplaya4 » March 12th, 2009 6:00 am

I imagine a lot of the users on here are foreigners that live in Korea. We need lessons for the various tasks that we do here. Say going to a barbershop, getting meat from the butcher shop, setting up a bank account.

I have seen videos like these, but the problem is they tend to be too simplistic. So the video, instead of a dialogue, should give a bunch of different options that Korean people would generally say, and then a couple of ways we could answer back. This is a problem with any websites Korean videos from what I've seen. It's actually pretty useless to say "I want a haircut please" in Korean. You can easily mime that or even use Konglish.

I was in a shoe store and realized that I didn't understand the majority of what the saleswoman was saying to me when I was trying on shoes, because she wasn't following the scripts I've learned. A lot of scenarios on here where we're supposed to be talking to our Korean boss or friend simply wouldn't happen. If our korean is at the level where such a video would be usesful, our korean boss would just speak english, or he would get someone who could to talk to us.

Service scenario videos are what's needed. If we can't deal with even these kind of simple conversations, than the chance of us having a Korean friend that will speak to us in Korean is slim to none!

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » March 13th, 2009 12:47 am

Join by May 6th
hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » March 13th, 2009 2:06 am

Thanks for the suggestion, kingplay :)

We'll prepare lessons that can help you on these matters :)

kingplaya4
Been Around a Bit

Postby kingplaya4 » March 13th, 2009 2:30 am

Thank you 현우(hope I spelled that right). Maybe a new set of videos could be made like "out and about in Korea" or something.

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » March 13th, 2009 2:32 am

I like that name a lot!! :)

kingplaya4
Been Around a Bit

Postby kingplaya4 » March 30th, 2009 7:27 am

현우씨,

Is there somewhere else we could repost this that gets more hits? I see that I still have the second post from the top even though no one has responded in a week. I would like to think I am of enough importance to cause a whole new series to be started, but I imagine if others concur, whoever the owner of the website would be more likely to give the go-ahead on it.

Thanks,

kingplaya4

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » March 30th, 2009 7:34 am

Don't worry :) We'll be sure to include some more various situations to the conversations for the series starting in the second half of this year. But for video, we're not totally sure if we can make them soon, but I personally would love to see those videos made in the near future :) Those will be really helpful!

- 현우

kingplaya4
Been Around a Bit

Postby kingplaya4 » March 30th, 2009 7:40 am

Sounds good, thanks for the update.

kingplaya4 :)

kingplaya4
Been Around a Bit

Postby kingplaya4 » March 30th, 2009 7:42 am

I hope I don't sound like a chronic complainer, but with that, I'd like to see more meat on the bones of the intermediate series, was this where you were thinking of putting those in?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » March 30th, 2009 7:44 am

Yes, I think the intermediate level is where I thought would be most appropriate to add some more specific situations to. :)

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”