Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

passive voice/causitve voice

kimmrcs75
New in Town

passive voice/causitve voice

Postby kimmrcs75 » November 17th, 2008 5:11 am

I've been a member for sometime now, and I don't think the topic of how to make a verb passive has ever been covered. For example, what is the rule that makes 보다 into 보이다 possible? Same thing goes with the causitive form of a verb. I always see this mentioned in intermediate textbooks, but never a good explination of how to form them (or even what causitive means!). So far, I think it's just random, which makes it very hard to learn. Will this be covered in anytime soon?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » December 10th, 2008 10:24 am

The passive voice will be covered in Beginner S3 Lesson 24, which will be published on the 27th of December 2008. I hope this will be helpful to you^^!!

Join by May 6th
erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » December 10th, 2008 6:21 pm

Great to hear! By the way, sometimes when listening I'm wondering how a lesson comes into existence. I don't know if it's a business secret or if you are allowed to talk about it so just tell me "no comment" if you have to keep your mouth shut ;)

The questions I'm asking myself:
- are you all located at the same place when recording or do you record over the internet?
- are the same persons actually writing the lessons who are recording (the hosts) or are there different teams?
- when talking about the vocabulary, the grammar and so on, do you have a script or is this a spontaneous, live recording without mastering the track?
- how long in advance is a series done? do you record just one week in advance, or do you make all recordings in advance before even starting the series?

Why am I asking all this? 그냥... I'm just too curious, I guess. :roll:

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » December 11th, 2008 10:35 am

It's not really a secret, so here are a few answers:

- When recording lessons, the teams record in the same room, not over the internet :)
- Generally speaking, everyone who write lessons, appears in the shows. Most of the hosts have written lessons to some degree.
- We actually do have a script, but some of it is spontaneous. We try to follow the script as much as possible, but sometimes there are things that come up during the recordings, that we really feel the need to mention.
- It depends on how well we're doing, but generally speaking, most of the recordings are done well in advance. But sometimes it can also be done the night before! But we try to be prepared :)

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » December 11th, 2008 12:32 pm

Keith, wow thanks for your great answer.

nilfisq
Been Around a Bit

Postby nilfisq » December 11th, 2008 10:56 pm

nice to know :)
i have an additional (off topic) question: where do you guys record the podcasts, in which city?

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » December 12th, 2008 2:10 am

we actually have two recording locations... one is in Seoul of course :) but the other, which may not be so well known, is Tokyo. We did branch off our sister site JapanesePod101.com after all :) But in the near future we won't be recording in Tokyo, bearing some unforeseeable circumstances. ^^

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”