a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

large, chunky hangeul print for us newbies

Bouks
Expert on Something

large, chunky hangeul print for us newbies

Postby Bouks » February 19th, 2008 5:32 am

Anneunghaseyo,

I noticed that all the hangeul is typed in tiny, itty bitty characters that are very hard for a new student to get used to. I would really love to see larger print with thicker lines, and maybe even different colors for different words or parts of words, so we can distinguish them better. Perhaps you could do this just for the Newbie and Beginner lessons, and make the intermediate students read the normal print in their lessons?

While we're talking about hangeul for beginners, I'd also love to see some games we can play to help us learn the letters and sounds, and some preformatted printable flashcards. I know, I'm asking a lot, but I'm just anxious to advance my knowlede quickly. :D

Gomapseumnida!
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » February 19th, 2008 7:25 am

Hi Bouks!

Actually, we're starting to make some flahscards, and one of the topics that we want to do is one for Hangul, for absolute beginners, so that learning hangul can be practiced. In addition, we have a few videos that you can look at. Check it out over here :)

http://www.koreanclass101.com/2007/10/02/video-1-how-to-read-and-write-hangul/

Get 40% OFF
Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » February 19th, 2008 3:51 pm

Keith-ssi, anneonghaseo!

The videos are great - in fact I'd like to see the nice big thick writing found in the videos also in the PDFs that way. Could you also put some space in the PDFs for us to copy the words a few times on the printout?

I'm looking forward to those flashcards! Gomapseumnida.
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”