a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

podcast idea

austinfd
Expert on Something

podcast idea

Postby austinfd » December 6th, 2007 8:16 am

Hey KClass folks...

I've recently started listening to the SpanishPod podcasts, and they have a unique feature of their podcasts that I think makes some great pedagogical sense. Before every dialog they prime the audience by telling them to listen for a specific word or phrase.

I think it's especially useful for learners who aren't familiar with hearing a lot of the target language and makes the passive activity of listening just a little bit more active.

You guys are doing a great job, but something like this would make it even better.

I'm making some videos!: http://www.youtube.com/user/austinfd

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » December 7th, 2007 1:57 am

Austin, I think that's an excellent idea!! It definitely allows for more active listening. Even when I listen to other podcasts, I tend to listen very passively. But I tend to agree with you whole-heartedly :D

Thanks for the excellent suggestion!

Get 40% OFF
curious2
New in Town

Postby curious2 » December 9th, 2007 6:25 am

As a listener, I think maybe to get more actively involved with the dialouge, Maybe throwing in intentional grammatical errors would be interesting, and then explaining why they are incorrect. Not to confuse anyone, but just to offer brain work to help us gauge whether we are in tune to what a native speaker would recognize as proper speech...I guess.

James
Been Around a Bit

Postby James » December 9th, 2007 4:07 pm

I disagree. Maybe the more advanced lessons might benefit from that but throwing in grammatical errors at my level (noob!) would be very frustrating. Actually it would make me angry. :lol:

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » December 10th, 2007 1:32 am

curious2 - maybe we could possibly offer a "pick the grammatically correct sentence" in a review track. Does that sound helpful?

curious2
New in Town

Postby curious2 » December 10th, 2007 4:38 pm

Yeah, that sounds good Keith. I probably make these mistakes sometimes, so anything that helps us avoid them would be very helpful. :oops:

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”