Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Homework

Alexis
Expert on Something

Homework

Postby Alexis » February 28th, 2009 11:18 am

I'd find it really helpful being given tasks to do like homework. At the moment, I listen to the podcasts, follow along with the PDF's and do as much as I can in the learning centre. But when it comes to writing and speaking, I find myself having to sort of... make up my own things to say and write. It would be nice to be GIVEN tasks to do that are more complex and challenging than the few test questions in the learning centre. EG: Maybe we could be asked to write half a page on... our families or something.

I guess I just feel like I need more practice and it would be nice to be more guided in that practice...

Just a suggestion. ^_^
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » March 1st, 2009 7:14 pm

I just had a similar idea I posted a few minutes ago. I too need that type of motivation. I suggested that we be given translation practice using lesson specific grammar and vocabulary. I think that kind of "homework" would be invaluable to "making it stick".

Get 40% OFF
sarahk
Been Around a Bit

more homework!

Postby sarahk » March 2nd, 2009 4:21 pm

I agree too!

Maybe give homework to write 10 sentences using the grammatical structure or change the grammatical structure to the past or future tense to practice using it in different situations.

It would also be great to have more "review" lessons... reviewing more vocabulary words...reviewing the grammatical structure with different context. It really helps me to hear the grammatical structure used in different "everyday" sentences.

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » March 2nd, 2009 11:45 pm

I agree that being given some motivation in the form of homeworks is a very good way to keep studying and making your Korean better :)

Is there any specific ways in which you would want to participate in the homeworks?

Would you prefer using the forums?

Or would you prefer using the comment section?

Would it be helpful if we gave you some more specific grammar related questions in the comment? :)

Please let us know!!

Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » March 3rd, 2009 12:50 am

Yay! Thanks for replying, 현우씨!!!!^^

I think for me, personally, I'd really like a variety of things. I was also thinking along the lines of writing practice. So maybe we could go away and actually WRITE stuff (I like writing! XD) and then come back and show our work... I think the forum would be good, as I'm kinda slow and am not up to the most recent podcasts at all!! The forums make it a bit easier to share stuff with everyone... So maybe you could give us a question like "tell us about what you do for work" or something, and we could go away and answer it, using what we've learnt in the podcast or something? Sort of like the video homeworks, I guess...

Or another idea could be getting us to go away and type half a page on... something, to practice our typing! I don't have a Korean keyboard, so it takes me forever to type! But I think it'll get better as I get more practice.

I dunno... others might have better ideas, I just think it would be really helpful to be GIVEN specific things to do, instead of randomly having to make up my own!

Thanks for responding! You guys are great the way you're willing to listen to listener's ideas! ^_^
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

sarahk
Been Around a Bit

Postby sarahk » March 3rd, 2009 1:04 am

Alexis: FYI: I'm not sure where you live, but at a local Korean market in Sunnyvale, Ca, they sell little stickers you can put on your keyboard that have the Korean characters on them to help you out.

I don't have a Korean keyboard, however, I typed each Hangul character in keyboard order onto a piece of paper, then I just studied & practiced typing. Now I pretty much know which keys have which characters...

as for Homework: 현우 씨: more written exercises would help... also more review tracks.. or longer review tracks...ones that give listeners more time to practice. I don't read the PDFs or go online that often because I usually have too much work to do at work!! However, I listen to the podcasts pretty much every day whenever I have to drive somewhere... I listen to them over and over again....so...more review tracks would help me.

bgagnonius
New in Town

Translating Sentences!

Postby bgagnonius » April 16th, 2009 11:44 am

I have a suggestion for how to do some homework. I think someone had mentioned practicing using some of the grammar structures. I think if each lesson had a part in the learning center where we could translate maybe 10 or 20 sentences using the grammar structure for that lesson it would be helpful. It would help with the spelling which I have a difficult time with and it would reinforce the lesson's vocabulary. If were were given the sentence in English and then asked to type it in Korea that might work. Just an Idea!

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”