Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

So What's Your Story?

citromarissa
New in Town

My Story

Postby citromarissa » June 24th, 2009 1:17 am

I got into Korean thru having Korean friends during my childhood. Then I later was re-introduced to Korean culture when I fell in love with Tae Kwon Do at Uni. I am from NY-no, not the city, but very near it. I am currently an ESL Teacher in Pusan, Korea. (5 hours south of Seoul) I have been living in Pusan for about 10 months now, and it's been a great ride so far!

blb1121
New in Town

I met a girl....

Postby blb1121 » June 28th, 2009 10:34 pm

Ok well not a girl. A woman. Ever since we first started talking I could tell that we were destined to be together for a long time. Its a good thing that she is an English teacher or else it might not have turned out so well. You see, Soo-Hyun went to college in Arizona so she picked up the language very well. I, on the other hand was just stationed in Korea for a year and had the option to just hang out on base where all the english speaking people were. It wasnt until we first started dating that I got motivated about learning Korean. Its been a slow process since we started dating so i decided to take my own personal initiative and start learning on my own. So i became a Premium Plus member and am still a Newbie. :(

I dont have aspirations to ever be native fluent in Korean, but maybe one day soon I can walk through Choeng Ju (Soo's hometown) and be able to talk to people when i am with her. who knows?[/url]
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”