Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Travel Plans During Chuseok!

viruletdew
New in Town

Travel Plans During Chuseok!

Postby viruletdew » March 29th, 2010 12:14 am

My wife and I have been planning a trip to Korea for several months, and just bought our tickets a few weeks ago. In a spectacular display of poor planning, with our current flight dates we'll be in Korea right around the Chuseok holiday. We're headed out on Sept 4 and coming back Sept 25, so Chuseok is right in the middle of our last week in the country.....

Smart move, huh? Is it a good idea to be in the country around this time? I've done some reading, and it looks like we might be ok as long as we aren't planning mass transit on the first or last day of the holiday. Will a lot of the small businesses/etc be closed?

I'm wondering if we shouldn't change our plans and move them up a week to avoid the holiday altogether. I'm sure a major city like Seoul won't clear out entirely, so we could plan to "hole up" there around the holiday. Will it still be enjoyable to be in the country, or will everyone be busy with the holiday? Any help that the savvy forum members could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » March 29th, 2010 2:11 am

Personally I would enjoy the trip immensely.

It would be hectic but as long as I could work around the traffic and many closed business (not all business will be closed) I would love to be in Korea for this holiday. If you have Korean friends or relatives there perhaps you could stay with them a few days and get a real taste of Korean tradition, traditional dress and food.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

George
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”