a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Traveling by bus

clownshater
New in Town

Traveling by bus

Postby clownshater » August 5th, 2009 12:45 pm

Hello,
I wanted to know if reservations were needed to travel by bus, with the express busesm since they are quite frequent?

I'm asking that because I booked a KR pass before coming but I didn't read too much in the subject, and realised that the KTX doesn't go everywhere and that buses are much cheaper and faster than other trains?

Do you know if reservation of a KR pass may be cancelled? Since when you go on the website and enter the number of your reservation, there's a 'cancel' part but I' m not too sure of what's gonna happen!

Thank you ;)

Marine.

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 6th, 2009 12:17 am

I'm not sure what exactly happens when you cancel a KR pass, but I can answer you about taking express buses :) Buses usually don't need reservation unless you are traveling during really busy periods like around national holidays :)

Get 40% OFF
clownshater
New in Town

Postby clownshater » August 12th, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks ;)
Finally we kept the KR pass but we still have one more travel by bus from Gyeongju to Pusan and it's on August 15th...If I go to the bus terminal tomorrow, do you think it's gonna be ok?
We have to be around 10 at Pusan because we take the ferry at 12!

Since it's a small journey, maybe reservations aren't needed!

kevinmiller
New in Town

Postby kevinmiller » October 26th, 2009 1:59 pm

No, they aren't usually needed. I traveled during all different periods, including in Cheju during Summer vacation and never needed to make reservations and there were always plenty of seats. If there aren't enough, they just keep selling tickets anyway and whoever gets on last has to stand in the aisle. Yes, I had that happen to me. :P

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”