a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Information on booking a ferry to Fukuoka

clownshater
New in Town

Information on booking a ferry to Fukuoka

Postby clownshater » August 1st, 2009 1:46 pm

Hello,

I'd like to go to Japan on August 15th, taking the ferry departing from Pusan, but all the reservations are in Korean or Japanese, and I can read, and look in the dictionnary for the words but I'm afraid I will make a mistake.

I was wondering if someone could give me advice on how to book the ferry? Is the advance booking necessary? Can I just do it when I'm in Korea, like at the Seoul Tourism office, 2 weeks before?

I'd like to go with the Mirejet company, but if someone knows another ferry company which proposes a Pusan-Fukuoka journey in 3 hours, I'm okay! (I tried to contact the company by email, but in return, I had a postmaster email, so I don't know what happened)

Thank you in advance :)

Marine.

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » August 3rd, 2009 2:29 pm

When I took a trip to Fukuoka from Busan, I booked the ferry through Kangsan travel. Their website is http://www.kangsantravel.com/, and they made it simple and easy. Just send them an email saying when you want to go and return, and they'll take care of booking the tickets for you. They can also book a hotel in Fukuoka if you want. I just kinda winged it on my own to save money though.

Get 40% OFF
xflibble
Established Presence

Postby xflibble » August 4th, 2009 2:49 am

My friend doesn't speak any Korean, and he just went to the ferry terminal and sorted it out there. I'm not sure if turning up without a booking is advisable though. I have no idea what demand is like.

There's some information here about catching the ferry/hydrofoil:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/south-korea ... way#165522

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”