Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Next month!!! Nervous!! Help!?

smorriskc
Been Around a Bit

Next month!!! Nervous!! Help!?

Postby smorriskc » June 7th, 2009 3:19 am

I will be visiting Korea for 2 weeks in July!!! 7th-22. My Korean is improving, but it's no where NEAR where I'd like it to be for this trip. This is also my first time flying anywhere and I am nervous as ever. I am staying with some of my senior students that just graduated from the school where I teach and they are taking me all around Seoul and *hopefully* taking me to a Super Junior concert!!!!!!! ^________^ Yes, that's right, I admit that I LOOOOVE Super Junior.

Are there any places that I should go see besides the ones posted in the "things to do in Seoul in 24 hours"? Anything I should eat? Anyone I should meet (besides Super Junior, of course)?

Is there anything I should know about traveling in general...like what kinds and how much of medicine can I bring with me from the States (mainly Tylenol PM I hope!), do they ask you in English or Korean at customs when you arrive at Incheon...

I'm really nervous about missing my flight out of San Fran to Seoul because I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to retrieving my baggage or knowing where to go to get it, or any of that. I don't know anything about baggage check or ticketing or anything....I am freaking CLUELESS. I am flying from Kansas City to San Francisco, then San Fran to Seoul. My layover in San Fran is 4 hours (if I arrive on time), which I hear is a pretty good time to get through customs and security, but I'm still worried!

^_^ imagine how nervous I am going to be when the time gets closer?!

Thanks in advance for your responses!!!!!

Chris1
Established Presence

Re: Next month!!! Nervous!! Help!?

Postby Chris1 » June 7th, 2009 3:36 am

smorriskc wrote:Is there anything I should know about traveling in general...like what kinds and how much of medicine can I bring with me from the States (mainly Tylenol PM I hope!), do they ask you in English or Korean at customs when you arrive at Incheon...

The limits are in place solely to prevent you from selling mass quanities of things in Korea. Any personal items are good to go. Just don't bring any meat or agriculture.

Especially if you're American, immigration is nothing. They look at you, look at your passport, take your card, and then you get your bags.

Customs is nothing as well. Just hand them another form.

I'm really nervous about missing my flight out of San Fran to Seoul because I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to retrieving my baggage or knowing where to go to get it, or any of that. I don't know anything about baggage check or ticketing or anything....I am freaking CLUELESS. I am flying from Kansas City to San Francisco, then San Fran to Seoul. My layover in San Fran is 4 hours (if I arrive on time), which I hear is a pretty good time to get through customs and security, but I'm still worried!

Everything has become quite streamlined these days. Your bags will be transferred to the other plane in SFO; nothing you have to do.

Coming back from Korea into SFO, you will go through immigration, which is nothing. Then you get your bags in SFO, go through customs, which can be something (depends on how much stuff you brought back with you). You will then recheck your bags in SFO right after customs and proceed back to Kansas CIty.

Keep in mind immigration and customs are two separate things. Four hours is a very long time--you'll have surplus time.

Get 40% OFF
Chriss
Established Presence

Re: Next month!!! Nervous!! Help!?

Postby Chriss » June 7th, 2009 8:48 am

smorriskc wrote:and *hopefully* taking me to a Super Junior concert!!!!!!! ^________^ Yes, that's right, I admit that I LOOOOVE Super Junior.

Are there any places that I should go see besides the ones posted in the "things to do in Seoul in 24 hours"? Anything I should eat? Anyone I should meet (besides Super Junior, of course)?

OMG!!! I want to go to a SuJu concert, too!!! If all goes well, I'm going to be in Soeul for the whole of July. I think getting tickets to a SuJu concert is near impossible, though. =(

And sorry for going all fangirly.

smorriskc
Been Around a Bit

Postby smorriskc » June 15th, 2009 12:27 am

thanks for the tips!~~~~

I don't know if I'm going to see Super Junior for sure, but I am really really really hoping that person pulls through...although 1 ticket is 77,000W..T_T

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » June 17th, 2009 12:57 am

I hope everything will go smoothly for you :) and I know it will!

As for the places to check out, I highly recommend meeting a lot of Korean people because that way your trip will become much more memorable :D If you're interested in meeting up and making some Korean friends, please let me know!! :) I'm trying to organize regular (and more frequent) walks around Seoul and also some samgyeopsal meet-ups :) Hehe.

We had our first walk on the 13th of June, and the next walk will be on the 4th of July if you're interested :) For some pictures, http://blog.naver.com/ke2565/40069989029 Check out this link , it's a blog page written by Gyeong-eun, my cohost for the Intermediate and above lessons :)

- Hyunwoo

YouJuChan
New in Town

Postby YouJuChan » February 4th, 2010 1:30 pm

I wonder how your trip to seoul was? :D

My 2 friends and I are planning to visit Seoul in September 2010 and I'm already excited! We've booked the flight and only have to find an accommodation! ^^
Do you have a recommendations about places to visit? or something like that?
Hope you could share a little bit about your trip to korea :3

@hyunwoo: you're really organizing meetups? that would be soo cool if my friends could meet some koreans in seoul ^^

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”