Where is Korea????

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 17th, 2007 3:29 pm

Oh boy :(

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » August 17th, 2007 3:56 pm

저는 대전, 전주, 그리고 여수메서 살았읍니다. 저의 부인의 고향은 여수입니다. 제 장모님은 아찍도 여수에 살아 계시는데 몆번 우리를 방문하로 오셨읍니다. 물런 저도 한국에 방문하로 간적 있지만 거기 있는동안 많이 여행하로 다니지못했읍니다.
I think I am getting a little (아주 조금) bit faster at typing :)

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 17th, 2007 4:16 pm

steved wrote:저는 대전, 전주, 그리고 여수메서 살았읍니다. 저의 부인의 고향은 여수입니다. 제 장모님은 아찍도 여수에 살아 계시는데 몆번 우리를 방문하로 오셨읍니다. 물런 저도 한국에 방문하로 간적 있지만 거기 있는동안 많이 여행하로 다니지못했읍니다.
I think I am getting a little (아주 조금) bit faster at typing :)

I hope you don't mind me correcting what you wrote. (Just hoping to help ^_^)

"저는 대전, 전주, 그리고 여수에서 살았습니다. 제 부인의 고향은 여수입니다. 제 장모님은 아직도 여수에 살고 계시는데 몇 번 우리를 방문하러 오셨습니다. 물론 저도 한국에 방문하러 간 적이 있지만 거기 있는 동안 여행을 하러 많이 다니지 못했습니다."

Wow, 스티브, your Korean is VERY VERY good. Keep writing, and you'll get even faster!
(우와, 스티브, 한국말 정말 정말 잘하시네요. 계속 쓰세요, 그러면 더 빨라질 거예요!)

:D

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » August 17th, 2007 4:32 pm

Please keep correcting me! 아떻게 번역하죠? 계속 고쳐 주세요. 맞는 문법하고 spelling을 배워야 되지 않습니까? :lol:

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 17th, 2007 4:38 pm

steved wrote:Please keep correcting me! 아떻게 번역하죠? 계속 고쳐 주세요. 맞는 문법하고 spelling을 배워야 되지 않습니까? :lol:

"어떻게 번역하죠? 계속 고쳐 주세요. 맞는 문법과 철자를 배워야 하지 않겠습니까?" ^_^

That's right, you've got to keep trying to learn the correct grammar and the right spelling. (맞아요. 올바른 문법과 철자를 계속 배우려고 노력해야죠!)

한국어는 영어에 비해서 문법이 조금 복잡하지만, 공부하면 정말 재미있는 언어예요, 그렇죠?
(Korean is a bit more complicated in grammar compared to English, but it's a very interesting language if you study it, right?)

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 17th, 2007 4:54 pm

Oh boy with the typing. I don't know anything haha! I understand nada. :oops:

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 17th, 2007 5:08 pm

JockZon wrote:Oh boy with the typing. I don't know anything haha! I understand nada. :oops:

Don't worry 요아킴, you'll get it eventually ^_^ and you'll come back to this posting and read it some day in the future and think 'This was it?' ^_^ :D

And right now I'm working on a video to help learn to read and write Korean.
I think it will be up next week.

:o
Last edited by hyunwoo on August 17th, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 17th, 2007 5:12 pm

현우, awesome stuff 8)

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » August 17th, 2007 5:52 pm

A video sounds cool. It would be nice to incorporate at least numbered arrows in the beginner practice sheets to show proper stroke order and direction. Is that possible? Also, I am assuming that as the lessons increase in difficulty at some point 한자 (漢子) (Chinese characters) will be introduced and at that point, if people are interested in writing, then the rules for writing 한글 will apply equally to 한자. Just a thought.

kc8ufv
New in Town

Postby kc8ufv » August 18th, 2007 8:57 pm

hyunwoo wrote:Yeah, I guess so. But one day, if the two Koreas get united again, it will be interesting to see how the difference in the language will be handled. ;-)

I can't imagine that it would be too diferent. Looking at English as another language that has been mostly seperated from itself (although geographically instead of politically) for a couple hundred years (Technology is bridging the gap now), and we have very distinct dialects, but an American and an Englishman can easily hold a conversation. Goes to show that even though we have differing terms for many things, it takes a long time for seperate languages to develop from the same root.

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 18th, 2007 9:57 pm

Yeah but different accents and dialects of English can be accessed through television, radio and travel för instance. North Korea isn't that accessable, right?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 19th, 2007 7:19 pm

kc8ufv wrote:
hyunwoo wrote:Yeah, I guess so. But one day, if the two Koreas get united again, it will be interesting to see how the difference in the language will be handled. ;-)

I can't imagine that it would be too diferent. Looking at English as another language that has been mostly seperated from itself (although geographically instead of politically) for a couple hundred years (Technology is bridging the gap now), and we have very distinct dialects, but an American and an Englishman can easily hold a conversation. Goes to show that even though we have differing terms for many things, it takes a long time for seperate languages to develop from the same root.

I agree with you. The lanaguage itself hasn't developed into two seperate styles yet, but the fact that the North Korean government played an active role in making the language in North Korea the way it is now. I've met some North Korean people here in China in a North Korean food restaurant, and although they were obvisouly trained to serve customers from South Korea, I had a lot of difficulty understanding them and making myself understood. Maybe it was just one occasion, but I can see that this will happen quite often once two Koreas get united. :D

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 19th, 2007 7:19 pm

JockZon wrote:Yeah but different accents and dialects of English can be accessed through television, radio and travel för instance. North Korea isn't that accessable, right?

No, it isn't very accessible ... maybe you can get some from youtube. :D

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 19th, 2007 9:26 pm

Should I take that as a joke? haha

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 20th, 2007 2:12 am

JockZon wrote:Should I take that as a joke? haha

ㅋㅋㅋ my bad. I thought it was North Korean language. :D And I meant that you can look it up at youtube. But yeah, North Korea isn't allowing people to enter the territory except for very special purposes. :D

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”