Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Rice rice rice~

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 17th, 2007 5:37 pm

steved wrote:Yes, I knew that 나래 means "wing" but I thought it was a pure Korean word, not 강원도 사투리.

That's correct. What I meant was, it is the pure Korean word for 날개 but now the word 날개 is almost always used instead of 나래, but in 강원도 they still use the word '나래'

I have a friend whose name is 나래. I love this name :D Very very cute and nice. :D

bayushi
New in Town

Postby bayushi » August 17th, 2007 6:32 pm

hyunwoo wrote:Wow, thank you Bayushi 님.

The website doesn't have lots of photos of Korean food, but it sure has an abundance of recipes! Thank you for sharing the info!!

What country are you from? Can you make some Korean food yourself?

You're welcome :)
I'm from Poland (Krakow) and yes I can cook some Korean food. I can make kimchi - cabbage and cucumber and Bulgogi 불고기 and also kind ofhot soup with beef meat and kimchi - I don't remember a name of it. And of couse I can make 비빔밥 (Bibimbap)

And about live octopus, you know I still can tell: "What? How am I supposed to eat something that's still alive and moving!!!???" :P
But actually i just don't like octopus
No matter how dark the night, morning always comes.

Get 40% OFF
steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » August 17th, 2007 9:32 pm

I know what you mean. My wife loves 해삼 but I don't get it, I think I would rather chew on an old boot. I had a side dish at a 회집 once that was incredibly awful. It was very oily and the flavor was indescribable (of course it has been quite a few years since I had that). I felt like a dog that just ate peanut butter trying to get the flavor out of my mouth. The presentation of the dish was great but to me that is as far as it went. I think they said it was octopus eggs but I am not sure.

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 18th, 2007 12:56 am

Steve, I can imagine yor shock and pain :-( 읔(ouch!).....

ㅠ.ㅠ But I can tell you there are not so many people who can say they love the taste of 해삼... it's truly aweful.

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » August 20th, 2007 4:50 pm

Korea has a fair amount of unique dishes that I would say are an acquired taste. Any fans of 번데기 out there?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 29th, 2007 5:42 pm

번데기... kkkk I would love to scare some people out of the forum with its picture! :D

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » September 11th, 2007 4:13 am

acquired taste, but so good when you eat it... soooooo gooooood :o

James
Been Around a Bit

Postby James » December 5th, 2007 4:39 am

I made 떡볶이 an hour ago! Who wants some? Sorry about the big photo. This is directly from my blog. 오늘밤에 떡볶이를(-가?) 만들었어요. 맵지만 맛있어요. (I think I wrote that correctly.)

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » February 2nd, 2008 2:30 am

live octupus??! Wow, I only heard of raw fish in sushi (yummmmm) Is it seasoned or anything? O.o

The only korean food I ever had is kimchi but there's a korean market, The Zion Market (i was looking at the hangul on the plastic shopping bag and it actually says that! XD) where my mom sometimes buy some stuff there

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » February 2nd, 2008 5:17 pm

The live octopus is seasoned with a salt and sesame oil sauce. It is very good.

the_girl
New in Town

Postby the_girl » April 9th, 2008 3:17 am

Yum! 삼겹살 is my favourite! Sometimes on the korean food shows they show a type of 삼겹살 that is marinated in 고추장 (and other things I'm sure!). I'd love to go to Seoul & eat in one of those late night tents!

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

Postby the_haunted_boy » April 16th, 2008 4:07 pm

I have not tried very much Korean food, but I have eaten a lot of rice, rice is everywhere anywhere you are.
I hope I can remember all of these recommendations.

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » April 17th, 2008 12:50 am

Do they really have lots of those late night tents to eat at? I first saw those when I watched Attic Cat (Rooftop Room Cat). I was jealous they had those. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have some of those around here.

There's a good business concept to export here! Any businessmen over there interested? We would welcome you with song, dance and flowers thrown before your feet
8)
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » April 17th, 2008 3:10 am

Bouks - 포장마차 is extremely popular in Korea! I love going there to eat, have a few drinks and eat some good food :) And they are every where you go, but some places are famous for having these places.

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » April 21st, 2008 3:27 am

i am so lucky right now because i get to eat korean food twice a week! every wednesday i tutor a korean boy at his house, and his parents always insist that i stay for dinner afterwards. and on saturday nights i go to korean church where we always eat first, and then have the worship service. i have tried so many things but i don't know the names of it all. i'd have to say that 김치찌개 is my favorite korean food - but i really like 김밥. a few weeks ago, i learned how to make 김밥 while helping prepare the food at church, and i have been making it a few days a week for lunch ever since! and i could eat just kimchi and rice and be happy.. or kim sheets and rice.. and i like almost all of the side dishes that i've tried. i guess i just really like korean food, and the spicier it is, the better!

oh! but my real favorite thing is when we cook at the table on a burner and we just have a big wok with a bunch of vegetables and some kind of meat and spicy stuff and sometimes 떡 or even ramen in it and then we all just kind of eat out of the wok. is there a name for food like that? i don't know. i suppose it would depend on what was in it..

oh, and they sell 번데기 at the store here in cans... i don't know that i'm quite ready to try that!

Return to “Food & Entertainment (음식과 엔터테인먼트)”