Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

b-boying korean style

aka22
Been Around a Bit

b-boying korean style

Postby aka22 » October 9th, 2008 8:03 am

i want to see this but i'm too lazy to buy it. anyone know where i can download it?
http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=gNh6qpsuo58 freaking gamblerz crew and expressions crew just to name a few. hyunwoo ssi, are you part of any crew in korea?
"나, 잘못 건드렸어요"

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » November 26th, 2008 12:20 am

우와~! That would be so cool be in a subway and then have b-boys just come out of no where and starting doing their thing :D
I want to watch that movie too! :lol:

Get 40% OFF
heartborne
New in Town

Postby heartborne » November 26th, 2008 5:24 am

Hum, I suggest that you actually buy the DVD, it's not too expensive and they sure deserve it. Of course there are places where you can download it from, they are quite easy to find.
As you may know, the movie was screened on just a few theaters around the world (mainly USA) because they don't have a big label behind it and, of course, it's a very specific subject... bboying. So, They actually have to make money and pay the rent with the DVD sales.

The Korean crews featured in the documentary are Gamblerz (they were there to defend their title as they were the champions from the year before) and Last for One.

I think the DVD was.... O.K. Of course, something that I paid a lot of attention to was... the Korean Language and how they practice (for example from midnight till 5 am ahahha ).

To me, a way more interesting DVD was "Inside the Circle". This DVD has nothing to do with Korean or Korea for that matter but, if you are interested in bboying that's a really good one. I highly recommend it.

Links:
http://www.insidethecircle.com
http://www.planetbboy.com

Dance for life! :D

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Re: b-boying korean style

Postby hyunwoo » November 26th, 2008 12:49 pm

aka22 wrote: hyunwoo ssi, are you part of any crew in korea?

^^ I'm not a member of any professional crew, but I'm a member of the crew at Korea University, and I always will be :) If you ever come to Korea and want to join us for a training session, you're always welcome ^^!!

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » November 26th, 2008 5:56 pm

How big is the Korea University crew?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » November 27th, 2008 10:25 am

rooraa wrote:How big is the Korea University crew?

rooraa :) Hehe It's not really big, but it's big for a university crew. But 200 members I guess? Not sure exactly how many, but there's a lot of members ^^;;

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » November 27th, 2008 8:56 pm

두백? 설마요! (<- did I use that correctly? I got it from a 만화 ^^;;) :shock: I think that's a lot! o.O

So what do you all do? You all get together and practice tricks? Do you compete against other crews?

Return to “Food & Entertainment (음식과 엔터테인먼트)”