Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Me- Korean Church -photos

trutherous
Expert on Something

Me- Korean Church -photos

Postby trutherous » April 5th, 2010 7:38 am

Today was Easter Sunday (부활절) and special entertainment was planned so I took my camera along. I also wanted to share a few photos with everyone here at Koreanclass101. Remember to check for Korean churches in your local area. Many of them have Korean schools, and usually for a small fee to cover books they will allow you to study with them. You don't have to subscribe to a particular religion, 90% of the time if you are respectful you will be welcome.

Ok this first shot is just to show off me and my motorcycles at the rear door of the church building. Finding parking is a real problem there on Sunday, but with my motorcycle I can park anywhere.

This next one is a shot of the front of the building in the morning before the traffic gets congested. The church was constructed in a converted "Circuit City" electronics store, after that company went out of business. In addition to a huge sanctuary we have many classrooms.

Ok this next photo is just to prove that I actually go inside for the service. the photo was taken at the very beginning as people started coming inside. When the service actually starts every seat is usually filled and people are standing in the back. In the Los Angeles area there are probably over a hundred Korean churches, some of them are as large or larger than ours.

Now here is the best photo of the bunch, our Korean school office. Unfortunately of all the rooms in our church facility our Korean school got the worst ones. It's upstairs in a busy, noisy area. The office isn't bad but in the next photo you will see 'cubicles' on the left, and that is where the classes are held - a different cubicle for each 'skill' level.

Finally, one of my favorite photos: Here is about 1/3 of our dinning area. After service everyone partakes of a nice Korean meal.. well not always so delicous, sometimes it's just soup and rice and kimchi - but it's free! This is a great time to practice Korean - the fellowship after service. But don't be surprised if you find they want to practice English with you.

imaBALLER
Established Presence

Postby imaBALLER » April 7th, 2010 2:18 am

Wow, thanks for sharing. Looks like a perfect place to learn Korean. By the way trutherous did you see that you have won a prize this month on the blog? Go over to the blog you are mentioned on the march 30th post.

Get 40% OFF
trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » April 7th, 2010 5:36 am

imaBALLER - yeah I saw that and claimed it -- thanks.

I sold that motorcycle today :(

~~~nah... this is a perfect place to learn Korean (promote the site man!)

MelSymph
Been Around a Bit

Postby MelSymph » April 15th, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm just curious. What kind of church did you attend? For instance, I've attended Southern Baptist, Independent Baptist, Methodist, Wesleyan, and Assembly of God. Sometimes it was because different chorus groups I was in was asked to sing in those churches. ^^

For those who don't know, South Korea is known for having the largest church globally.

I can't wait until I can read more fluently in Korean. I love reading how things are interpreted in other languages. One professor I had was fluent in Spanish, since he was a Missionary in Brasil. Sometimes he liked how things were said in Spanish because he felt it better represented ideas from Hebrew/Greek to Spanish.

I'm sorry you had to sell your motorcycle. I'm sure it made things very convenient for you. You could park anywhere!

One funny thing is, no matter where you go, churches always have food afterwards. XD Or so it seems. That's one thing I'll miss about the south. I just moved from the south east to the north west and had my first Korean-ish food. I guess with real Koreans working at some of these places, it's authentic enough, right? But Southern people love their food. At least 5 different kinds of fried chicken, pie, etc. Oh great, now I'm getting hungry.

Return to “Philosophy & Religion (철학과 종교)”