Or sign up using Facebook

controlling the internet

aka22
Been Around a Bit

controlling the internet

Postby aka22 » October 9th, 2008 7:11 am

i just read this not too long ago.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/oct/09/news.internet
how big is this in korea and do you think it will pass? comments pro or against this law?
"나, 잘못 건드렸어요"

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » October 9th, 2008 11:54 am

wow..

this really shows korea's group centered mentality. let me explain: they want to censor the internet in order to stop rudeness? the thought itself is quite commendable, i think - that would never happen in america, where people aren't really expected to be considerate to each other.

however, i don't think the plan would work on a practical level, and also, i think if they tried to censor the internet in any way, they would not end up with common courtesy on their hands, but more protests and unrest.

Get 40% OFF
aka22
Been Around a Bit

Postby aka22 » October 9th, 2008 3:21 pm

i agree with you. however, i still can't help but feel that there are alterior motives for trying to do this. like the article says. the internet can make or break you in korea. for example, during the world cup tournament, there was a call that was unfavorable for the korean side, what did the netizens do? bombard fifa's servers with mail of course.i'm interested to see how the korean people react to this.
"나, 잘못 건드렸어요"

Return to “News & Politics (뉴스와 정치)”