Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hollywood Bowl!! 할리웃보!! 2008 Korean Concert!

rooraa
Expert on Something

Hollywood Bowl!! 할리웃보!! 2008 Korean Concert!

Postby rooraa » May 20th, 2008 2:27 am

아 아 아!!! I can't wait any longer (i really should be doing my homework =P) On Saturday, I went to my very first concert and it just happen to be the 6th Korean Music Festival in La at the Hollywood Bowl!!

Oh. My. Gosh. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! I got to see DBSK!!!!! Granted my seats weren't the best: http://www.2-tickets.com/venues/Hollywood_Bowl.bmp (section F1), 60$
but I had a good view of one of the screens and oafnmaojfoj I loved it all!!

But let me start from the beginning, it was about a 2 & 1/2 hr drive there, and when we got there, we went to the "festival" but it really wasn't a festival, just a few booths giving away stuff (of course I grabbed all i could). A significant event for me in any case, was when i said 감사합나다 to a 아주씨 and he said, "네" (it's small but hey, he understood me!)

Anyways skipping to the best part, when the concert started, the Crenshaw Choir came out ot sing the national athem and then, guess who, 동방신기의 시아준수 came out to sing the Korean national athem!! I went bizerk!!
Then 슈퍼주니어-T performed 로꾸거, Happiness (or was it miralce? ) and one other song i can't remember.
Another highlight was when 엠 (문우) ripped off his shirt!!! The crowd went CRAZY
손호영 was a fun performer too, and SG워너비 kicked butt!! 라라라 is such a good song!! Fly to the Sky was fantastic too, 브라이언 was sexy as alwasy XD
but the big finale was when 동방신기came on stage and performed Rising Sun, Tonight, and Purple Line!! Then 브라이언, one of hte MC, told the audience to chant "encore" and 동방신기 came back and performed 풍선! That's one of my favorite songs!! But they only kinda stood around......but I was still screaming my lungs off ㅋㅋㅋ

음....yeah, but whoo! Next year I am going to try my best to snag the $200 seats (that means work work work) but it was the bomb!

Oh yeah, there was a korean family behind me, and I was trying to eavesdrop (look, my korean is almost nonexisent, so it's okay =]) and I heard the 아주씨 say 괜찮아 괜찮아 and i remember thinking, that means "it's okay!" and I smiled when the woman called her husband, 아빠.

I know it's a long post and all but this Korean concert has totally uped my motivation to learn korean! Next year, I hope I will understood more of what they said during the concert!

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » May 20th, 2008 2:57 am

YOU WERE THERE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i'm so jealous....... oh my gosh!!!!! seriously, i was so sad all day realizing that 7 super junior members and i were in the same country, and i still didn't get to see them!!!!!!

uhmmm.. so, i'm done being a 13 year old scary fangirl now.

seriously though, i would have loved to have gone. i am so excited that you had a good time! i will do anything i can to get to go next year.....

Get 40% OFF
rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » May 20th, 2008 11:49 pm

Ahh! You really have to go next year! I so am! I hope we can meet then =]

FlyAwayLove
New in Town

Postby FlyAwayLove » May 23rd, 2008 1:32 am

I'm jealous too!

DBSK is my favorite. If I were there, I probably would have had a heart attack the second they hit the stage. :oops: I wish I could have went.

You're so lucky! I'm glad you had fun.

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » May 23rd, 2008 11:38 pm

same here! it's a miracle i didn't faint LOL
Chances of them coming back next year are pretty slim though.....

Oh well, bring on EPIK HIGH, SS501, FT ISLAND, BIG BANG, SUPBER JUNIOR, BATTLE, SUPERNOVA, SHINEE

Return to “Music, Music, Music (음악)”