Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Newbie question

noctony2718
New in Town

Newbie question

Postby noctony2718 » April 12th, 2011 1:50 am

I just recently got a premium account here. There are allot of resources on this site and i'm looking for a place to begin. I have been going through some of the newbie lessons to get a basic grasp of some basic words and phrases. I have very minimal experience with the language,

(I know few words, I have been around the language a good bit because a good bit of my friends are Korean. But I have just recently taken an interest in it.)
I want to go ahead and learn Hangul before I go any further into the language.

I have browsed through the Hangul lesson videos and I practice writing out the vowels and consonants in a notebook. Are there any methods anyone can recommend to help me out? Or should I just watch the videos over and over until I memorize them?

Sorry for the long paragraph, and if any of my question is unclear let me know and I will reword if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

corbinpace9873
New in Town

Postby corbinpace9873 » April 14th, 2011 12:54 am

Here's what I did. I listened to all of Season 1 of Absolute Beginner, over about a month, and then elected to learn Hangul. A Korean friend at work gave me a very helpful "periodic table" of Hangul he found on the internet(I don't know where). Then I tried to learn Hangul before continuing. It was very easy because I already knew the sound of several words. So when I went to a korean google news and tried to find words I recognized, it really helped a lot. Then as I listened to season 2, I always wrote down the words in Hangul during vocabulary. My spelling was wrong about 70% of the time, but it was still helpful to learning hangul and remembering the word later.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Learn Korean Forum Help and Posting Guidelines (포럼 도움말 및 게시물 등록 안내)”