Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

How do I use this site to learn Korean to my capacity?

brianluk9787
New in Town

How do I use this site to learn Korean to my capacity?

Postby brianluk9787 » May 31st, 2010 4:42 am

Hi, I am new here, just registered today and took my first lesson. I started with Beginner lessons, because I have experienced the Korean language for quite awhile now (with Korean MVs and friends who taught me a few phrases) and believe that would be better for me. Anyways, I haven't learnt any new languages for a long time and this site is kind of confusing at times for me. I took the first lesson for beginners and went through the reviews section, going to try out the practice section later too but my point is, is one lesson a day too little or not? And if not, how many lessons a day should be good if I want to learn Korean fast? As well, how to do these lessons or practices so I can take the most in every day? Thanks in advance.

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » May 31st, 2010 6:31 am

Hi Brian, and welcome to Korean!

It sounds like you have some experience learning languages so I'm sure you already know that everyone learns at different rate of speed. What may be right for me may not be right for you, so I would say whatever you are comfortable with is best. As for me I study everything as fast as I can, then I go over it again... and again. I see learning language as a staircase but at each level I realize I may not fully understand this step until I am 30-50 steps higher, looking back.

Having said that, I cannot stress the importance of setting realistic goals. Learning a whole new language is a monumental task, so don't be in too much of a hurry. 'Haste makes waste' as they say, and in learning a language it can lead to confusion and many disappointments.

I am so glad to see another student of Korean language!

George - fellow student

Get 40% OFF
brianluk9787
New in Town

Postby brianluk9787 » June 2nd, 2010 6:52 am

Thanks for the reply, I know I can't rush language since it takes years to master. Anyways, I am not sure how to use this site though. I don't really know where should I start, but I've been practicing writing and reading the hangul vowels, going to start on the constants soon. With that said, I am wondering if I did make the right decision to start with beginner's lessons or should I just start from the very beginning? Any advice please? Thanks in advance!

Happypie
New in Town

Postby Happypie » June 2nd, 2010 11:13 am

When i started out i decided to go with the beginner series and have found that ok.

I found that it went at a good pace, they take what you learnt in the lesson before and add something new, so gradually you re-learn what you did first. That helped me remember a lot better than learning something completely new each class.

Its quite a long series too so when you reach the end you'll be able to speak alot.

Return to “Learn Korean Forum Help and Posting Guidelines (포럼 도움말 및 게시물 등록 안내)”