a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Books or websites or apps for children in Hangul

Dave76
Been Around a Bit

Books or websites or apps for children in Hangul

Postby Dave76 » May 29th, 2017 12:49 am

Hi All

I saw a thread here on this but was from almost 10 years ago so the links in the thread were all long gone.

But I have pretty much got the Hangul down and want to get into reading them even if I am not familiar with the language yet at least I can start to see characters in a more normal format and I know when I learned Japanese (Hiragana) I had managed to get a children's book while in Japan and that helped a lot was able to read it through. Wanted to do the same here with Korean. Just don't want a book like War and Peace or The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire that's both over 1000 pages long HA HA.

So does anyone know of a free source either online or an app or a good reliable online bookstore that has Hangul children's books (Site should be in English at least so I can know what I am ordering HA HA) I tried amazon but wasn't having much luck.

Other choice would be an app (Android). One point here if it can be used OFFLINE would be great as I do fly a lot and don't always have net access when in flight so something that does not require internet access to run would be the best option but if not then net access app would do I guess if nothing else available.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dave

community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: Books or websites or apps for children in Hangul

Postby community.korean » May 31st, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello Dave,

Thanks for posting. We checked out a few major Korean online bookstores but unfortunately they do not have separate websites in English. Maybe you could try to find apps on your phone.

Sorry we could not be of more help.

Sincerely,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com

Get 40% OFF
Dave76
Been Around a Bit

Postby Dave76 » May 31st, 2017 2:38 pm

So far have only found one free source but the app isn't all that good as it's videos so is good for listening but the subtitles go by to fast to be useful for reading practice.

Might have to try books via cell and see what I can find. You'd think in this day and age this would be simpler to find books written in other languages and have a chance to read the site in the users native language as I know many sites offer different languages and sometimes ALOT of languages to read in.

Wonder if Amazon has a Korean site that can be rendered in English for buying Korean books?

community.korean
Expert on Something

Postby community.korean » June 1st, 2017 11:39 am

Hi Dave,

There seems to be an app for children's Korean books (it is not free unfortunately), which gives you access to many books for children. However, the app is in Korean, but as all you need to do is to click on the book titles to read them it may not be too difficult. It is called 'IWings', and it seems it is available on Android and the App Store for iPhones. Maybe you could give it a try?
Of course, you could try to read the lesson transcripts of our lessons if you would like to practice reading Korean, too. :D

Best,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com

Dave76
Been Around a Bit

Postby Dave76 » June 3rd, 2017 5:28 am

Thanks Lyn will give it a try and see how it looks.

Dave76
Been Around a Bit

Postby Dave76 » June 3rd, 2017 6:39 am

I tried the app but when I ran the app it started to demand access to things like my contacts an stuff so I uninstalled it as there's no need for a book app to demand access to the things it was demanding. Without permission it refused to run.

Just so you are aware in case you had not tried it yourself!

community.korean
Expert on Something

Postby community.korean » June 6th, 2017 1:18 am

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear that! I got a recommendation from a friend of mine who is a mom (she is native Korean)--all she told me was that there were a lot of books to read to her kids!
Will let you know when I find something (more user friendly which does not ask for contact info) in the future.

Sincerely,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com

Dave76
Been Around a Bit

Postby Dave76 » June 6th, 2017 2:20 am

No problem. I just don't like apps that demand control or access to things unrelated to the app always makes me wonder who the author is and why they need access to something that should be private. So much hackers out here now a days just can't be to safe!

community.korean
Expert on Something

Postby community.korean » June 8th, 2017 3:53 pm

Yes, you're right. Better safe than sorry! :D

Cheers,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com

Return to “Arts & Literature (예술과 문학)”