a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Slice of Life: HUGE Video file!

trutherous
Expert on Something

Slice of Life: HUGE Video file!

Postby trutherous » November 1st, 2010 12:49 am

sorry - link removed - see you on the next video

HI Friends and Teacher at KC101 Hey.. I'm practicing my Korean ..take a look and see

Here is a video of me.. and my Korean wife.. it is a large download and my Korean is not so good but here you go..

sorry - link removed - see you on the next video

Enjoy

Last edited by trutherous on November 1st, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timandyou
Expert on Something

Postby timandyou » November 1st, 2010 2:47 am

Thanks for your (home-made) video, 영훈님.
I REALLY enjoyed watching it. (very well done).
It would be WONDERFUL if you record it again when you & your wife cook Kimchi (김치). ah?
There are many people out there who want to know how to make Kimchi. (just an idea...)
anyway... Good to see you, your wife and your..home (kitchen). 하하~~
그리고 영훈님, 한국말 잘 하셨어요. "Excellent Korean!"
그리고 자~~알 생기셨습니다. 하하~~

Ah, about three things!
First, 당근 (dang-deun) "carrot" VS, 단군 (dan-gun) "the founding Father of the Korean nation".
아니, "단군님"을 "당근"에 비유하시면 어떻하나요!!?? 단군님이 노하시겠습니다. ㅎㅎㅎ
(Everyone, the reason George made a comparison between 당근 and 단군 is because the sound of two words is somewhat similar - 당근 (dang-geun) vs, 단군 (dan-gun)). Good try George!!!

Second, about 팔불출 (pal-bul-chul) "a fool"
Yes, you are 팔불출, George! You don't need to say, "she is so beautiful" during recording! We all know she is pretty. You say it to her everyday before sleep. If you want to know about the meaning of 팔불출, ask George about it. He will kindly answer you.

Last, about 대머리 (dae-meo-ri) "a bald-headed person"
What!!?? "You lost your hair because of too much of studying Korean!??" 하하하 "NO WAY"
You lost your hair because... because... because of 잔소리 (jan-so-ri) "scoldings from wife". 하하하.

Okay, that's all! Again, thanks for this video, George.
I feel your passion for Korean and compassion for Korean people. as a Korean citizen, I must say, "Thank you" to you.
cheers,

Tim 8)
p.s to George's wife. 바쁘신데 영훈님 비디오에 신경써 주시고... 감사드립니다. 두분이 다정 다감하게 사시는 모습, 정말 보기 좋네요... 두분 행복하시고요... 사랑 열심히 하시고 "라자나야" 맛있게 드세요~~! (어떻게 저도 한접시 안 될까요!!??) 감사합니다. :o

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » November 1st, 2010 6:48 am

:D ha.. well Tim you are usually not one to tell a lie -- but my Korean in this video was terrible. This just goes to prove that I should never do a video without a script. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it and saw the humor in the carrot thing -- I don't intend to leave it up very long.

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello George,

Postby timandyou » November 1st, 2010 7:58 am

Yes, I am not the one who speaks 'a lie' to simply make you feel better.
When I say, "it's good", it means "good".
There are many reasons why it is "good".

Your video was "good" because I sensed how much you love Korean and your wife.
I also sensed how supportive your Korean wife is.
"What a great video it is!"

cheers,
Tim 8)

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » November 1st, 2010 6:25 pm

well.. it was fun anyway. Supportive? Hmm... what you heard from my wife was the most Korean I have heard from her in a week. I suppose she appears supportive during a few seconds of video, but there are 24 hours in a day. When she told me to speak in Korean it wasn't for the sake of my learning and practicing Korean, it was for her family back in Korea, because the only way I could get her to agree to appearing on video was to promise I was making a DVD for her family back in Korea.

oh yeah TIM -- in English we would say "MAKE" or "PREPARE" kimchi rather than 'cook" because kimchi is not actually 'cooked.' Although we use the term "cook/cooking" as a general term (ex: "He enjoys cooking"), it typically refers to foods that are made with heat (baked, boiled, fried, barbecued). We usually use terms "preparing" and "making" with regard to foods that are prepared cold ("He's in the kitchen preparing lunch now, he's making sandwiches. Yesterday he made some kimchi.").

Since you are in Japan I guess I will not be able to meet with you this January. I will be disappointed, but don't worry, I will treat Dr. Sean to a delicious meal, and we will toast a glass of soju on your behalf. 메롱!

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello George,

Postby timandyou » November 2nd, 2010 12:49 am

Haha~~
"Be my guest, George!"

I see... "I made some Kimchi!". "Thanks!"

That would be great to meet Dr.Sean in person. haha~~
While drinking, please don't talk about me...
cheers,

Tim 8)

julialim
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Postby julialim » November 4th, 2010 5:57 am

Oh! NO~~~~ :cry:

I missed your video.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I could imagine how it's going, though. from you guy's talking.

looking forward to seeing your second video. 예~~ :D

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » November 5th, 2010 7:00 am

Julia -- to use our modern English idiom "If you snooze you loose" ㅋㅋㅋ

... next time

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”