a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Typing Korean characters

namisu
New in Town

Typing Korean characters

Postby namisu » May 6th, 2008 10:55 am

I'm a newbie^^, so I have no idea whether this has already been posted or not:
For people (like me, I admit) who haven't really mastered the keyboard yet..., there is a site which can be used as an "alternative" keyboard so to say:

http://www.wandel.person.dk/korean.html

"Do you want to write 한국어 - Korean characters that can be included in Web-documents and Email without using Graphics or Extras, then use the “keyboard” below and 한국어를 쓰십시요 and copy'n'paste the the “Calligraphy” to Word, or the HTML codes to your Email or HTML program. Or try my Multi Language Virtual Keyboard where I remap your US-keyboard to write Korean. "...

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 6th, 2008 1:15 pm

I have been here for 2 1/2 months now. At first, I hated trying to type in Korean. I have a printout of the Korean keyboard overlay sitting next to my computer. It took me forever and seemed so tedious. But after just a short while, it started to become easier. In fact, a couple of times the overlay went missing but I really wanted to type something anyway...and I pretty much managed without it! I think now I know the entire middle row of keys and half of the other rows, without even looking.

The moral of the story is: if you make yourself type for a while, no matter how tedious, it will start to feel much more natural. Then you won't need all the other props and tricks. I promise.
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Get 40% OFF
namisu
New in Town

Postby namisu » May 6th, 2008 4:19 pm

안녕하세요, Bouks씨...안니카 입니다 …반가워요! I know all that...have been using that page, before I knew how to switch into Korean fonts at Windows XP...that would be my first excuse^^ second: even if I'm typing English or rather German, I'm not that quick of an typing machine, so I think it is okay to cheat if you are in a hurry and still want to write Korean characters...보ᅡ 주 세 요... :P

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 6th, 2008 4:52 pm

namisu 씨, 귄찮아요....keine Problem! I type very fast, so I tend to forget that others don't find it as "fun" as I do :lol:
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

namisu
New in Town

Postby namisu » May 7th, 2008 8:19 am

yeah, I'm practicing... :P 아자 아자 화이팅... ㅋㅋ.

Return to “Korean Resources & Reviews (자료 및 리뷰)”