a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Yonsei KLI online

tkmayfie
Been Around a Bit

Yonsei KLI online

Postby tkmayfie » October 2nd, 2009 6:50 pm

http://www.yskli.com/lsm_lect.htm

I am thinking of doing this program. It sounds a little intensive, 1 hr a day, but judging from the samples one can expect to learn a lot.

and before anyone mentions it, I am well versed in the debates that have been going on around the board about Yonsei v Sogang ^^

what are yalls thoughts? Anyone ever try this program?

Pojiku
New in Town

Postby Pojiku » November 8th, 2009 12:51 pm

I had been learning Korean with a private (qualified) teacher for about 6-8 months and I just quit those lessons to do the Yonsei online course. It is really fast moving and an amazing course!

However, I recommend knowing Hangul and using flash cards to keep up with the speed (daily classes).

Check out the samples.. You can trust that the real course is exactly like the samples they give!

Get 40% OFF
PatrickFuller12
New in Town

Postby PatrickFuller12 » November 9th, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi, I watched one of the sample lessons and I have to admit, it's pretty fast paced. Anyway, I was planning to enroll at Yonsei for language classes next year and I was wondering if anyone knew how this program compares to the real language course. Would you consider this as a substitute for going to real language classes or just something to do in your free time to enhance your skills?

Please reply asap. thanks ;)

Patrick

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » November 10th, 2009 1:02 pm

PatrickFuller12 wrote:Hi, I watched one of the sample lessons and I have to admit, it's pretty fast paced. Anyway, I was planning to enroll at Yonsei for language classes next year and I was wondering if anyone knew how this program compares to the real language course. Would you consider this as a substitute for going to real language classes or just something to do in your free time to enhance your skills?

Please reply asap. thanks ;)

Patrick

It might substitute as a structured way to learn new grammar and vocabulary, but no matter what you do, remember that the most important part of learning a living language is to practice it with other people. You'd be saving time and money by going for the online course, but you'd also give up easy access to your classmates and professor for purposes of practicing. Be sure to make time to find opportunities to practice face-to-face on your own time as well.

PatrickFuller12
New in Town

Postby PatrickFuller12 » November 10th, 2009 3:24 pm

Yup. I've thought about that. I'll be with my Korean girlfriend most of the time and I'll be around her friends alot. But I'll probably just start the online course soon and then enroll in the real Yonsei course when the time comes. Enrollment is usually in March right?

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » November 10th, 2009 7:15 pm

PatrickFuller12 wrote:Yup. I've thought about that. I'll be with my Korean girlfriend most of the time and I'll be around her friends alot. But I'll probably just start the online course soon and then enroll in the real Yonsei course when the time comes. Enrollment is usually in March right?

You should be golden then. The regular program at the Yonsei KLI was on a quarterly system when I was there, so you probably wouldn't have to wait until March if you wanted to enroll there.

PatrickFuller12
New in Town

Postby PatrickFuller12 » November 10th, 2009 7:20 pm

javiskefka wrote:
PatrickFuller12 wrote:Yup. I've thought about that. I'll be with my Korean girlfriend most of the time and I'll be around her friends alot. But I'll probably just start the online course soon and then enroll in the real Yonsei course when the time comes. Enrollment is usually in March right?

You should be golden then. The regular program at the Yonsei KLI was on a quarterly system when I was there, so you probably wouldn't have to wait until March if you wanted to enroll there.

Ok thanks alot :).btw, how well were you able to speak korean after the course?

Return to “Korean Resources & Reviews (자료 및 리뷰)”