Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

name that 사투리 - and more about 경상도 사투리

holdfast
Expert on Something

name that 사투리 - and more about 경상도 사투리

Postby holdfast » June 21st, 2008 6:57 pm

if you know anything about 동방신기 you may know that they made a full length movie/drama a few years ago called vacation. i've watched this several times, but after our recent 사투리 culture classes, i've noticed that there are people in the movie that speak with two different kinds of 사투리.

can anyone identify these?

in this first one, the two young boys speak 표준어 but all the older people and the young girl speak with 사투리 and you have to fast forward a bit to get to the old people. they all say 유 instead of 요 - that is the main difference i can pick out.

here

and in this one, to me it sounds like 경상도 but i am not sure. again, the young boy speaks 표준어 and you have to fast forward to get to the older people (and the kids).

here

anyone know? i really want to know!

thanks!
Last edited by holdfast on June 25th, 2008 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » June 23rd, 2008 5:24 am

You're right, Emily.
Young girl is using 경상도 사투리.
But the rest of the people except 동방신기 members are using 충청도 사투리.

:)

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » June 23rd, 2008 5:08 pm

thank you for answering!

they are speaking 충청도 사투리 in both videos? or just the first one?

which young girl is speaking 경상도 사투리? the child in the second video or the girl in the first video?

sorry, i just want to make sure ^^ thanks again!

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » June 24th, 2008 2:06 am

I mean the first one.

In the 2nd one, kids are using standard languages.
Only two adults 부부 are speaking 경상도 사투리.

By any chance, i might miss some other person's speaking.
because I've watched fast by seeking it. hehe.

:lol:

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » June 25th, 2008 2:11 am

고맙습니다!

i had dinner with some korean friends tonight, and i found out that they speak 경상도 사투리! it was very exciting! but my friend told me there are two different kinds of 경상도 사투리. i can't remember what she said they were called, but she said one of them is very cute and the other one is very harsh. then she speaks 충청도 사투리 also and she told me that it is spoken slower than other dialects.

she then proceeded to tell me a story about an old man from 충청도 at the base of a mountain when a man from 경상도 comes along. the old man tells the other man that a stone is coming down, but in the 충청도 사투리 he says it too slow, and the other man was run over by the stone. given the english ability of my friend who told me this story, i am surprised that i even understood that much of it - but is this a story that is told often? just curious.

then, i found this awesome video of different dialects on a korean tv show. you can watch it here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9SUxeudfU

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » June 25th, 2008 8:40 am

That video was hilarious!

It was great how even though the 충청도 guy was speaking so slowly, he got the most clues across to his team mates.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”