Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

you're not missing anything...

iDoof
Established Presence

you're not missing anything...

Postby iDoof » December 20th, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi there I have 2 different questions (didn't know if I should create one post or two, but I think this makes more sense...)

1. you're not missing anything

How do you say, "you're not missing anything" as a joke? e.g. i'm singing a solo for my brother's wedding and someone who can't come says, "oh, I'm sad I won't hear you sing". How do I jokingly respond, "Oh, you're not really missing anything..."?

does "볼꺼 없어요!" work?

2. happy xmas season
how do you say, "I hope you have a blessed and warm christmas season"? doesn't have be an exact translation, i just wasn't sure how to say 'have a good christmas' or 'have a good christmas season'

thanks!!

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » December 21st, 2011 9:13 am

1. you're not missing anything

How do you say, "you're not missing anything" as a joke? e.g. i'm singing a solo for my brother's wedding and someone who can't come says, "oh, I'm sad I won't hear you sing". How do I jokingly respond, "Oh, you're not really missing anything..."?

does "볼꺼 없어요!" work?

Yeah it works but it doesn't convey the humour. I'm by no means a native speaker (as you know) but I would make it humorous by adding "뭐.. 내가 가수인가요?" or "내가 노래 부르는 건 그리 대단하겠어요?" before or after, and I probably would phrase it '별 것 아닐거에여'

2. happy xmas season
how do you say, "I hope you have a blessed and warm christmas season"? doesn't have be an exact translation, i just wasn't sure how to say 'have a good christmas' or 'have a good christmas season'

literal: 따뜻하고 복된 선탄절을 보내시기 바랍니다
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”