a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

"corruption by man"

iDoof
Established Presence

"corruption by man"

Postby iDoof » October 26th, 2011 12:01 pm

Hello all!

I have a fairly advanced question. I want to ask, "Do we believe that the bible has been corrupted by man, or do we believe that it is untouched by human influence?" in Korean.

Doesn't have to be word-for-word but I am curious to hear what "corrupted by man" and "untouched by humans" is in Korean.

Appreciate your help, you all never fail!

Thanks so much!!

jaehwi
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Hello

Postby jaehwi » October 27th, 2011 12:27 am

Hello iDoof,

I'm Jaehwi from Koreanclass101.com

You can say them as

Do we believe that the bible has been corrupted by man?

성경이 사람들에 의해서 조작되었다고 믿습니까?
사람들이 성격을 조작했다고 믿습니까?

do we believe that it is untouched by human influence?" in

사람들의 영향을 전혀 받지 않았다고 생각합니까?

corrupted by man can be translated literally as '사람들에 의해 조작되다.' 조작하다 is the verb meaning 'to corrupt'

untouched by humans can be translated as '사람들이 손대지 않았다' which literally means 'humans didn't touch it.' Korean people usually do not use the passive forms, so it's better to translate the English sentence like this.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions about them, please let us know.

Thank you.

- Jaehwi / Koreanclass101.com

Get 40% OFF
trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » October 27th, 2011 6:41 am

You could also use the word "왜곡" -distort, twist, pervert

사람들이 성경을 왜곡했다고 생각합니까? -Do you think people distorted the bible?

기독교 신자로서 성경은 성령님의 감동으로 쓰신거라고 믿지만 번역하는대 이단은 여간 큰 문제가 아닙니다. 어떤 사람들은 자기 마음대로 성경을 엉뚱하게 번역해서 그 본뜻을 크게 왜곡했다고 생각합니다. -As a Christian, I believe the bible was written by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, however, heresy is no small problem when it comes to translation. I think some people have greatly distorted the original meaning of scripture by creating translations twisted according to their fancy.

I think the word 조작 is less about corrupting and more about fabricating - faking - concocting etc.

orbiter
Expert on Something

Postby orbiter » November 16th, 2011 2:03 am

trutherous wrote:You could also use the word "왜곡" -distort, twist, pervert

사람들이 성경을 왜곡했다고 생각합니까? -Do you think people distorted the bible?

기독교 신자로서 성경은 성령님의 감동으로 쓰신거라고 믿지만 번역하는대 이단은 여간 큰 문제가 아닙니다. 어떤 사람들은 자기 마음대로 성경을 엉뚱하게 번역해서 그 본뜻을 크게 왜곡했다고 생각합니다. -As a Christian, I believe the bible was written by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, however, heresy is no small problem when it comes to translation. I think some people have greatly distorted the original meaning of scripture by creating translations twisted according to their fancy.

I think the word 조작 is less about corrupting and more about fabricating - faking - concocting etc.

근데 하나님이 왜 이런 일이 가만히 내버려두신 걸까요? 성경을 왜곡된다면, 기독교 신자들이 뭘 믿고 살아 가야할까요?? (여기서 그런 토론을 해도 됄까요...?)

(Pls correct my Korean if it is strange...)

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » November 16th, 2011 7:07 am

근데 하나님이 왜 이런 일이 가만히 내버려두신 걸까요? 성경을 왜곡된다면, 기독교 신자들이 뭘 믿고 살아 가야할까요?? (여기서 그런 토론을 해도 됄까요...?)

우아! 내가 보기에는 완벽한 한국어네요!

..글쎄 왜 그럴까요? 다 이유가 있겠지요 -- 우린 몰라도

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”