a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

[Application] Wordbank Typing Exercise

jordy5253
New in Town

[Application] Wordbank Typing Exercise

Postby jordy5253 » August 10th, 2011 5:59 pm

Wordbank Typing Exercise
Learn the Korean keyboard with your KoreanClass101 premium account WordBank words!

Screenshot of the application.

Dear fellow students,

I felt that I wanted to become more familiar with the Korean keyboard and learn my Korean words simultaneously. KoreanClass101 does not (yet) offer typing lessons so I felt the need to create my own little application to do this. Luckily I am very fluent in the programming language(s) ;-)

For those that feel the same way, here is your chance to try my application and learn to master the Korean keyboard!

Download link: http://www.kaiwa-projects.com/koreancla ... ercise.zip
File size: 146 KB
File MD5: 1083e9c1bdf969c8220cb3eff3db1e0b
Virus scan: 100% clean. (0/37) virus scanners found malware (Proof)

PC requirements:
Platform: Windows XP/Vista/7
.NET platform: 2.0 (Default installed on Vista or Higher. Windows XP users get this by Windows Update or by downloading and installing the .NET 2.0 Redistributable package

How to use it:
To use this application you will have to follow a few easy steps. This application does not ask for your KoreanClass101.com member information!
The application assumes that you are already able to type the Korean characters. If this is not the case then please take a look at Installing Korean in your Windows XP (which still holds true for Vista/Windows 7)

Step 1. Go to your KoreanClass101 Wordbank
The first step is to go your KoreanClass101.com Wordbank.

On this page you will find this button:

Click on the "Export My Wordbank" button.

Step 2. Export your wordbank to XML
On the next page you will get several options of how to export your wordbank. Choose "Export XML"

Step 3. Extracting the application
To use the application you will need to extract the executable file from the Zip-archive (the file you downloaded). Windows can unpack this file for you or you can use one of the many popular programs like WinRar or WinZip to do this for you.

Step 4. Opening the application
When you open the application it will give you this window:

Step 5. Importing your Wordbank
When you have opened the application you can import your wordbank by going to the File menu and choosing "Open wordbank" (Ctrl+O).
Now you need to navigate to the XML file you exported earlier in Step 2. and open it.

Step 6. Make sure your keyboard is set to Korean.
The last and maybe even the most important step is to make sure that your keyboard is set to Korean so you can type with the right character set. If you do not know how to do this then I once again refer to the thread I posted at the top.

Step 7. Learn that Korean keyboard!

Disclaimer:
This application does not have any connections with KoreanClass101.com or it's owners, lecturers and administrators.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

The application is licensed under the The Code Project Open License (CPOL) 1.02

Final words:
If KoreanClass101.com finds this to be inappropriate I will accept that. This application is created and shared with the best intentions and I do not mean to harm anyone or anything by it.

With all that said, I hope that you like it and learn a lot from it!

Best Regards,

Jordy

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » August 11th, 2011 7:12 am

Linux user here

Get 40% OFF
trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » August 11th, 2011 9:42 am

looks nice though == 9+ years Linux user not going back to MS any time soon

jordy5253
New in Town

Postby jordy5253 » August 11th, 2011 9:51 am

Hehe, I could actually port it to a C++ (and thus Linux/Mac compatible) format but to be really honest this was more of a quick fun side project meant for myself. I felt like sharing it but don't really feel the need to actively support it. 죄송합니다!

Jordy

jaehwi
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Hi

Postby jaehwi » August 12th, 2011 12:51 am

Hi, Jordy.

I'm Jaehwi Lee, Project manager from Koreanclass101.com

We are very impressed that you have put your time and effort to develop this program to share with other listeners.

We believe that many listeners can get a chance to type Korean words using the word list of Koreanclass101.com and improve their Korean vocabulary.

Thank you so much for helping us and the other listeners : )

- Jaehwi Lee / Koreanclass101.com

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”