a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

particles...

maknaelove
New in Town

particles...

Postby maknaelove » October 29th, 2010 8:52 am

Hi everyone! :D

Im a little bit confused when I listened to the newbie series season 2 lesson 1 (becuase I'm still there).hehe.
it's because when I started learning korean, I thought that particles are very important. I mean, why were the particles erased in Newbie Season 2 lesson 1?

is it alright to just erase the particles???

thanks a lot! :D

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » October 30th, 2010 3:45 pm

Fermions, Quarks, Leptons, Bosons... I dunno, I suppose dropping an occasional particle wouldn't cause the disintegration of all matter as we know it. :D

Hi again... I thought we went over this a while back, but maybe that was another chatter. Anyway, it is proper and right and grammatically correct to use particles, but there are many times in casual speech where these are dropped. My suggestion is not to dwell too long on any one aspect of the language. Continue to study new material and as you do previous lessons will begin to make more sense, and then you will say "Ah ha! Now I get that pesky particle!"

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello maknaelove,

Postby timandyou » November 1st, 2010 2:14 am

:P :P :P
You wrote, "I thought that particles are very important"
You are CORRECT!

Each language has its own unique and rule. One of unique in Korean is "Particles"!
Particles are very important because Particles define "Subject" and "Object". Without knowing particles, it's impossible (very hard) to distinguish the sentence structure (especially for beginners).
What's more, the rule of "particles" will also explain so many other grammar rules in Korean.
Once you understand the rule of 'particles', learning Korean becomes SO MUCH EASY. I can't emphasize enough on it.

Okay, my advice for you is... keep listening and finish Newbie Series S2.
And then, give a listen to Absolute Beginner Season 2 (I made the series myself). I am sure you will learn Korean a lot from the lessons.
cheers,

Tim 8)

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”