Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

TOPIK...

Chris1
Established Presence

TOPIK...

Postby Chris1 » April 20th, 2009 10:56 pm

I took the advanced S-TOPIK in the US over the weekend for the first time, and I must say the answer sheets are no less than very frustrating. Since these particular answer sheets use a felt-tip pen to mark answers, it’s nearly impossible to change if you made a mistake. Even though I initially made all the answers in the book, I made 2 mistakes transferring them to the sheet. I do have a few questions to ask of people that previously have taken the TOPIK—regardless of which level.

1. When you made a mistake on the answer sheet, how did you correct it? The method of choice seemed to be using white correction tape. I have my doubts about this working out. Has anyone had any experience?

2. The proctor refused to tell me whether I needed to place a period (.) in a separate grid square on the essay or in the same square as the last syllable. I did end up placing them separately, and this seemed to be the correct way, but does it count as a character toward your count? I think I read something at the top of the sheet that spaces count, but I don't remember exactly. Do spaces and punctuation count?

Thanks!!

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Re: TOPIK...

Postby javiskefka » April 21st, 2009 10:16 am

Chris1 wrote:
2. The proctor refused to tell me whether I needed to place a period (.) in a separate grid square on the essay or in the same square as the last syllable. I did end up placing them separately, and this seemed to be the correct way, but does it count as a character toward your count? I think I read something at the top of the sheet that spaces count, but I don't remember exactly. Do spaces and punctuation count?

Thanks!!

Oh my, you had to put your essay 글자 by 글자 into a grid? I'd go crazy trying to write like that...

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Chris1
Established Presence

Re: TOPIK...

Postby Chris1 » April 21st, 2009 11:28 am

javiskefka wrote:Oh my, you had to put your essay 글자 by 글자 into a grid? I'd go crazy trying to write like that...

Tell me about it... It was also impossible to change anything without erasing the entire essay.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”