Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kyung Hee University

Chriss
Established Presence

Kyung Hee University

Postby Chriss » March 26th, 2009 6:32 am

I MIGHT have an opportunity to do a 4 week intensive Korean course this summer at Kyung Hee University (Korean class fees and boarding are covered by a scholarship.). I'm not completely sure I'm eligible, but it doesn't hurt to apply. It's KOPE, KOPA and KOSA joining with GC, and I got the information through my university.

Does anyone know anything about Kyung Hee Unieversity?

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Re: Kyung Hee University

Postby javiskefka » March 27th, 2009 10:01 am

Chriss wrote:It's KOPE, KOPA and KOSA joining with GC, and I got the information through my university.

Does anyone know anything about Kyung Hee Unieversity?

Wow, that's a lot of acronymns :shock: :o .

I don't have any info on Kyung Hee University, but if you have a chance to do an immersion course in Korea, and you only have to pay the airfare, go for it, man ;). Good luck!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
gillesvdp
Established Presence

Postby gillesvdp » March 27th, 2009 1:59 pm

Hey there,

I also received this offer.
To answer your question, Kyung Hee university is a university located in Seoul near 회기역 on line 1, in the North-East of Seoul.
I visited this university and its campus is very nice given the kitch artchitecture of its buildings. :p You can find some pictures on google images.
But I use their books in my Korean class and they are very well structure and easy to follow. The only thing that lacks is a proper list of vocabulary. You will have to make your own.

As for the scholarship with KOPE bla bla bla in junction with GC, just pay attention that you still have to 400.000 wons (+ a few extras) for this compulsory GC class which will take every of your afternoons from Monday to Thursday and it seems that these classes require a lot of home work and papers to hand in.
That's why I am personally considering not to apply for this scholarship, because of this GC class. But be free to apply for it. ;-)

Chriss
Established Presence

Postby Chriss » March 27th, 2009 2:48 pm

Yeah, there's 580,000 KRW that I have to pay myself. My problem is that I'm not actually studying anything related to Korean, and there's no place in my country where I can. Basically, I don't really have that many chances at learning Korean, so I need to grab whatever I can get. And they do cover some 1,401,000 KRW, so I don't really think it's that bad of a deal.

...and I'm prepared for having to put in quite a lot of effort if I do get accepted. XD

Thanks for your replies.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”