Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iPod users: feedback wanted

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

iPod users: feedback wanted

Postby shanshanchua » February 28th, 2009 3:16 pm

My Korean learning has taken a backseat in recent months because I've a really tight schedule, plus I don't always have access to the computer when I'm free. I used to listen to the lessons at the computer and read the PDFs and comments at the same time. I also printed the PDFs to review when I'm free (but that's also kind of time-consuming - I'm lazy :( )

I'm thinking if having an iPod would save time and enable me to learn more efficiently/effectively. So, I'd like to get some feedback from iPod users:

- How do you use your iPod to learn korean?
- In what ways does it help you learn better?
- Do you find any limitations using the iPod?

Any other comments would be appreciated. Please share your experiences! Thanks!

edited to say: I'm not familiar with iPod.. is it necessary to have an iPod touch to access the PDFs and other applications, or is an iPod nano/classic enough?
Last edited by shanshanchua on March 1st, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » March 1st, 2009 10:07 am

I use my iPhone, so I'm assuming it's basically the same as using an iPod touch...

Anywho, I love it. It means I can take KC101 with me wherever I go, and listen to it whenever I can! ^_^ Often, I listen after I've gone to bed, as I seem to remember things well after midnight. :roll: But this is great - I just lie down, get comfy and listen! =D I also use it while I'm driving and on public transport. It's also good if you're walking somewhere. So, really... it just means KC101 is portable and you can take it with you! ^_^

Personally, I think it helps me learn better, as learning a language requires you to do a bit everyday, and if you're using a computer, that can be hard, as you can't always be at your computer. But having lessons that are portable means that you can do a bit everyday, no matter where you are.

I don't really have any limitations... it's just generally very handy being able to go anywhere and have Korean lessons with me wherever I go...! ^_^

Also: I'm not sure about the iPod touch, but having an iPhone means I also have access to the internet wherever I am, hence making it all the more easy to access this website!

I hope my reply was somewhat useful! XP
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Chriss
Established Presence

Postby Chriss » March 1st, 2009 5:56 pm

An iPod nano is certainly not enough. I have one and though I can listen to the podcasts and there is some information, but that is limited to a romanisation, translation, and some urging to visit the site. I wish there were something else, because I never use romanisation or translation. Now, I suppose you CAN add the Hangul, vocabulary, and grammar points manually, but that would time consuming, and it would probably look messy.

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » March 1st, 2009 6:03 pm

I have an exact opposite experience, I don't use public transportation and it only takes me 5 minutes to get to work and back, and if I am not working then I have access to my computer. I really don't "do" lots of stuff.
I have all the "dialogs" on my iPod Nano, but I rarely get a chance to listen. I use the website constantly though. I would say though if you use the bus or train, an MP3 player would be invaluable for studying, instead of just spacing out for however long your traveling. And since K-Class has put the Hangul in with the lessons, you shouldn't even need to have anything but your iPod! K-Class rox! :!:

maryamafaf
New in Town

Postby maryamafaf » March 17th, 2009 4:57 am

I have an ipod video. I used it everyday to listen to the lessons when commuting to work which takes around 30min - 1hr one way drive. It is very useful I think, since I don't have the luxury to spend my time sitting in front of the computer. It's too bad that we can't view pdf files with this ipod. They are some text descriptions for some of the lesson files which is useful at times. But, if you are thinking of getting an ipod to be able to go through all the audio lessons, I think it is best if you get a device that can let you hear those audio files (m3 player would work too) AND that let you view the pdf as well. Something like a PDA. I'm not sure about the video though, since they only have flash and mp4 available. The mp4 (quicktime) will sure work with the ipod, but not sure if they are compatible with other mobile device's video player. If iPhone has a pdf reader, then that should be a good solution.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”