a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Heard it on a SBS podcast...

Lionelltd2
New in Town

Heard it on a SBS podcast...

Postby Lionelltd2 » October 7th, 2008 9:47 pm

This is actually a two parter.

I have a few podcasts from Super Junior's Kiss the Radio, Maybee's Volume Up, and a couple others. On some of these episodes I heard something that sounded like:
shap palgu ilgon. I have no idea what it means, but it bothers me, in a good way, I guess :) . If anybody can help thanks.

The other question is that a few weeks ago they stopped feeding the podcasts including Seng Seng Korea and Mr. Radio, are there any other strictly Korean podcasts out there. Thanks in advance.

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » October 8th, 2008 1:15 am

it's a number (:
i listen to sukira all the time, and they talk often mention the number of the person who sent in a text message - the number you wrote would probably be "ship pal gu il gong" which would be 108920 - but i'm not sure of the context in that case..
i'm listening to sukira again right now so i'll listen for it to see if i can get a better context for you (:

Join by May 6th
holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » October 8th, 2008 1:24 am

or, you might be thinking of the radio station number - like when they announce "89.1 kbs cool fm" which would sound like "pal ship gu cheom il kbs cool fm"? if all of the radio shows are on the same station, that would make sense.

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » October 8th, 2008 1:34 am

http://www20.sbs.com.au/podcasting/inde ... 26&catid=1

This is SBS Australia's Korean podcast.

Lionelltd2
New in Town

Postby Lionelltd2 » October 8th, 2008 3:52 am

To reply to holdfast's post, if still keep the KTR podcasts it was from July 11th. And here's a transcript from the show. Apparently the regular hosts weren't there that day and someone named DJ Defcon was a guest host. And that number thing sounds right, but it sounded like he was describing a concert where the artist was telling people to say the numbers. It might be that he was just joking, I'm still a newbie at this Korean thing.

- 요일 참여코너 <1차부터 노래방> 미소녀에서 어엿한 남자로 돌아온 오종혁씨와 새로운 변신 트롯트로 돌아온 김현정씨가 함께합니다. 2년만에 타이틀곡 Get away로 컴백한 오종혁 8집 타이틀곡 '살짝쿵'으로 새롭게 돌아온 김현정. <1차부터 노래방>에서 오종혁, 김현정과의 즐거운 만남 함께해요~ - 매일 참여코너 <슈키라 전파대작전

And to reply to maxiewawa's post I already found that podcast. Thanks though. I even got a podcast from a Presbyterian Korean church here in new york. I'm still looking though. Thanks.

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Re: Heard it on a SBS podcast...

Postby manyakumi » October 8th, 2008 5:53 am

Lionelltd2 wrote: On some of these episodes I heard something that sounded like:
shap palgu ilgon. I have no idea what it means, but it bothers me, in a good way, I guess :) .

It means #8910
(Sharp pal gu il gong)

:wink:

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » October 8th, 2008 12:40 pm

hmm..... that's the same numbers as the station number - would they be saying the station number like that? i don't get the significance of the # i guess.

Lionelltd2 - you live in ny? so do i! well, actually i live in nj, but i can see all of manhattan from my apartment. i don't know of any other radio shows on podcast - i only listen to sukira. do you live in the city?

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » October 9th, 2008 1:29 am

holdfast wrote: hmm..... that's the same numbers as the station number - would they be saying the station number like that? i don't get the significance of the # i guess.

That is for sending sms to the staff of the station such as 슈키라's.
# is a button on the phone.
I have no idea on that exactly though, they put that numbers in their phones first and then write their messages to the members of the station.

:roll:

Lionelltd2
New in Town

Postby Lionelltd2 » October 9th, 2008 2:36 am

Yea, thanks, manyakumi...it's just when that guy says it, the numbers catch your ears.

Either way, holdfast, I don't live in the city, I live in Brooklyn. I've been to New Jersey a few times including one their shopping malls, of which, I can't remember the name right now. And I've been to Atlantic City a couple times.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”