Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

break it down!

Bouks
Expert on Something

break it down!

Postby Bouks » July 15th, 2008 9:31 am

One of the features I like best about these lessons is the Line-By-Line Audio Transcript. It really helps train my ears to the dialogue and vocabulary.

However, as the lessons get harder, the lines in the dialogues get longer. Since I can only listen to one entire line, it's hard to really be able to focus on what's said towards the end of the line.

The result is that I only manage to learn new stuff if it's used at the beginning of a dialogue line, and the new stuff at the end is lost on me. It's a big roadblock to my learning.

I would really benefit from being able to hear the dialogue lines broken down into parts - either where natural pauses would occur, or wherever you can logically break up the line of speech (into halves or thirds, let's say). A bit of overlapping of the parts is fine. I just need to be able to hear the end of any dialogue line, to catch the new expressions there, without having to run through the beginning over and over again.

Of course this is only useful for beginner lessons and above, with lines that start to get long...newbie dialogue lines, as well as shorter lines in the other lessons, can be left alone.

I'd really appreciate this feature - thanks!
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Postby shanshanchua » July 15th, 2008 9:45 am

I second that request! :D
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Technical Support (기술 지원)”