Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

The weather

chachee100
New in Town

The weather

Postby chachee100 » April 4th, 2008 8:26 am

I did a search on your website and could not find a lesson about the weather. The weather is important because it is the most talked about subject in the entire world. Plus, you can explain about the weather in Korea such as the why it rains so much, typhoons, snow fall in the winter, and the blistering hot summers.

I think this would be a great series for beginners to learn about. You can also use it to expland on topics such as, it's so hot, I'm cold, It's rainy and I don't have an umbrella, etc.

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » May 10th, 2008 4:13 am

bump

Join by May 6th
Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » May 12th, 2008 6:36 am

Sorry for the late response. Sure! That sounds really easy, and like a fun series of lessons to do :) We'll keep in our records for when we are making Season 3 scripts :)

Brakenjan
Been Around a Bit

Postby Brakenjan » May 19th, 2008 3:54 pm

Plus, you can explain about the weather in Korea such as the why it rains so much, typhoons, snow fall in the winter, and the blistering hot summers.

Blistering hot summers??..from what ive heard its mild :)

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » May 19th, 2008 6:40 pm

The problem is the humidity and rain :cry:

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » May 19th, 2008 8:05 pm

javiskefka wrote:The problem is the humidity and rain :cry:

the humidity is the worst - i've been to new orleans and IMO Korea can be worse....but then again, Korea is a whole lot more beautiful than new orleans....

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 19th, 2008 9:16 pm

Here's a blistering hot summer: right now in Phoenix it's 104 degrees, and climbing.
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » May 20th, 2008 12:26 am

Bouks wrote:Here's a blistering hot summer: right now in Phoenix it's 104 degrees, and climbing.

ouch :cry:

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 20th, 2008 1:04 am

It topped out at 110, now it's 109, at 6:00 pm. I can't wait to go to France this summer, where it will be a chilly 85-90. Break out those ski parkas! :lol:

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:

jaesun
Been Around a Bit

Postby jaesun » May 20th, 2008 1:18 am

Aw...
You should come here to Boston where it's about 65 (~16 C). We can go into Brookline and eat at a Korean Restaurant

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 20th, 2008 1:30 am

I'm on my way! But...what'll I tell my husband? :lol:

I used to go to the famous Korean restaurant called Woo Lae Oak when I lived in DC. That is where I had my first 비빔밥.

jaesun
Been Around a Bit

Postby jaesun » May 20th, 2008 4:41 am

Bouks,

Oooo
I googled Woo lae Oak. It looks fabulous. It's been a long time since I've been in DC. I might have to go back! :)

We don't have such famous places here. There are several small places, and a place in Cambridge with over 500 items on the menu. Just tell your husband you're going out for some Korean food. :wink:

That reminds me. Did you hear the joke about the businessman getting a shave at the barber? He's getting a manicure too, and asks the manicure girl to go out with him. So she says "I'm married".
So he says "Just tell your husband you're going out with the girls."
So she says "Tell him yourself. He's shaving your neck right now!"

:oops:

OK I'm going now. Maybe I should shut the window, 시원한 밤이에요. The outside air is so cool right now...

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 20th, 2008 7:01 pm

하하하 That's a good one! I miss DC terribly. Woo Lae Oak was *the* place to eat Korean food, when I was living there. There were autographed pictures on the walls of the celebrities and dignitaries who ate there. But there were plenty of other places to eat good Korean food around DC as well.

I recently found out about a Korean restaurant around where I am, but since my family is resistant to many Asian foods, I haven't found anyone who wants to go with me. I may have to go alone :shock:

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » May 20th, 2008 8:37 pm

Bouks wrote:I recently found out about a Korean restaurant around where I am, but since my family is resistant to many Asian foods, I haven't found anyone who wants to go with me. I may have to go alone :shock:

I end up having a really great time when I go alone to Korean restaurants. It forces me not to rely on my English - I end up making myself speak Korean. Of course, to me it's great, but that might sound like a nightmare to others.....hey it's a small price to pay for some good 두부찌개!

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » June 16th, 2008 2:28 am

Anyone want to help make some dialogs? hehe... I think it'll be a lot of fun for User created content.

How can we talk about the weather in an interesting way?

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”