a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Culture Classes

kareina_229488
New in Town

Culture Classes

Postby kareina_229488 » September 25th, 2015 4:12 am

Annyeonghaseyo
I am just at Busan Ferry Port heading back to Japan. I decided quite spontaneous to travel a week to Korea. As I am a big fan of Japanesepod101 I thought of preparing myself for Korea with basic Korean. As I am not really talented it was quite hard for me remember only the words for hello, thank yoiu and please. I also travelled to Cheongsong, so I could really use the survival course to show what I would like to. Thanks a lot for this. I even would say it is structured in a more helpful way as the japanese version. ( But for sure you could benefit from Galante-sama's experience).
Why I actully write my comment here... I studied interculture management and am totally interested in the culture of countries I travel. But although I listened to both culture classes I do not have the feeling I know now why koreans act like that. Maybe you could make new lessons more of things they do the whole day or things they really like? For example dogs, or meeting friend in these nice shelters in park playing games or what makes korean zen buddhismus special, whats their daily clothing habit/rules ( I for example saw rarely women with bare tope shirts) or on what occasion they wear this beautiful traditional robes? why bikers wear mouth-protection ( also in the evening!)?
I guess you speak about it in the normal korean classes, but it would great if you could assemble it in culture classes.
Really useful was your information about handling money with both hand, although I have never seen it during my 1-week-stay, also not in the bank.

I think thats all. You see I leave Korea with more questions than answers, but with a great new travel experience.

Gamsahamnida,
Jasmina

community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: Culture Classes

Postby community.korean » October 6th, 2015 4:46 am

Annyeonghaseyo.

Thank you for sharing your travel experience and giving lesson suggestions!

Regarding money handling, when we hand over money to a superior, customer, or an elderly, we use both hands to show respect. :)

Gamsahamnida.
Claire
Team KoreanClass101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”