Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

less topic repition for advanced audio blogs -please

trutherous
Expert on Something

less topic repition for advanced audio blogs -please

Postby trutherous » July 2nd, 2012 5:10 am

Please don't repeat the same topics over and over in the advanced audio blogs.

While I readily acknowledge that repetition is necessary for learning language, this can be accomplished by listening to a given lesson more than once, rather than having the same topics repeated by subsequent bloggers.

My suggestion is that individuals creating new advanced audio blogs should be required to check the topics of previous bloggers, and instructed to avoid duplication as much as possible. This does not mean they cannot cover the same topic in greater depth, or from a personal approach; I'm just saying that they should avoid going over the exact same information. For instance, early on in the advanced series there are detailed reports about Korean traditional holidays, including the customs, activities, and foods typically enjoyed on these occasions; but in subsequent blogs the same topics are covered again, by different people, and often in less detail and with poorer quality. Really, If I hear one more advanced audio blog about eating 떡국 on 설날, 미역국 on one's birthday, or 송편 on 추석 I'll be very disappointed. If new listeners don't already know these things then they should start at the beginning of the advanced series and work their way forward.

So please ask your bloggers to take the time to review what others have already talked about, and strive to create truly new, fresh, and informative material that will be a pleasure for the students to hear, and a source of pride to the teachers here at KC101.

Thanks for listening - 나영훈

jaehwi
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Hi

Postby jaehwi » July 4th, 2012 3:53 am

Hi 영훈님,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion about Advanced Audio Blog.

We understand your point, and will ask our writers check the previously published blogs so that they can introduce new topics to our listeners.

From this week, we're going to have New audio blog with Hyomin Keum. She's going to introduce phrases and words in Gyeongsangdo dialect, which you can hear a lot in the southern part of Korea. I hope you'll also enjoy the new audio blogs, which will be very new topic to our listeners.

Thank you for your help to other listeners as well. If you have any suggestions or feedback for us, please let us know anytime.

Thanks!

이재휘 Jaehwi Lee / KoreanClass101.com

Get 40% OFF
trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » July 4th, 2012 9:25 pm

알았어예~에 무척 기대하고 있겄어예 고맙습니더

kc101com
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Postby kc101com » August 13th, 2012 12:10 pm

감사합니더 trutherous,

조금만 기다려 주이소!:)