a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Intermediate lessons

ekevin
New in Town

Intermediate lessons

Postby ekevin » January 3rd, 2008 4:19 am

Topic suggestions:

(1) Current events. Anything that is current news - Korea or worldwide - could be discussed at a suitable level introducing new vocabulary, expressions, grammar structures. For example, the recent election, the oil spill at Taean, Ssangyong's new 100 million won sedan, the death of Choi Yo Sam (from today's Joongang Daily).

(2) Discussion of daily events in a family, e.g. my step-daughter returning from visiting her grandparents in Jeju-do and complaining that they kept the heating turned off to save money, going to the bank, getting a part-time job, what to do in the vacation.

I also hope that you will be making some more intermediate lessons soon. I joined this site as a Premium member on the basis of the two intermediate lessons I found when I took my free trial and was pleased with the good quality podcasts they offered. However, I am starting to feel that I made a mistake as there is nothing to follow the 2 lessons and there doesn't appear to be any plans for new content. It's the holiday season but still ... after my initial high expectations, the daily barrage of emails ("I'm confused ... ") with reduced price offers, now I 'm waiting for some signs of life^^
Kevin

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » January 9th, 2008 2:58 am

Hello Kevin :)

Thanks for the suggestions, we have SO MANY lessons in store and we have a large stock of lessons ready to go as well :) So for your intermediate lessons, we have a few already written up. But we are sending these out once a week (on Thursdays). So I think you will be pleased with the quality of the podcasts and pdfs as well :)

As for your lesson suggestions, we are thinking of implementing current events in an Advanced series, talking about current events in Korean. However, this is still under discussion, so we'll have to wait and see how everything pans out :D

Daily events are typically covered in the audio blog. Hyunwoo talks about his life in Korea as a typical Korean. But I think taking these and introducing these in a culture class as well would be quite beneficial. How do you feel about that?

Join by May 6th
maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Postby maxiewawa » January 9th, 2008 4:03 am

If you're Australian (or interested in Australia) have a listen to SBS Australia's "Have Your Say" podcast. They do lots of interviews with Korean Australians about contemporary issues: http://www20.sbs.com.au/podcasting/inde ... 26&catid=1

ekevin
New in Town

Postby ekevin » January 9th, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Keith,
You're right, they seem to be good jumping off points for presenting the cultural content more explicitly. Another idea could be to use them as the basis for conversational interactions. They are good listening material as they are but I would still like to hear more interactive stuff. The conversation part in the intermediate lessons is quite short so supplementing that with more elsewhere would work well I think.

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”