Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iPhone Suggestions

taurin
New in Town

iPhone Suggestions

Postby taurin » April 1st, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey guys. I was checking out your iPhone applications and I had a couple of suggestions. I like how someone who doesn't necessarily want to subscribe monthly can download a set number of lessons.
One of the things I like best about the podcast is I can see the text of the conversations while listening to the lesson audio. This really helps me with words I'm having trouble pronouncing. On the iPhone app I have to wait until I get to the line-by-line to be able to see the text. It would be nice if the text showed up over the Korean class 101 picture on the lesson audio like it does in the podcast.
Also, as I am an "Absolute Beginner" I have not learned any Hangul yet. Unfortunately, on the line-by-line audio, the only place I can play the line is on the Hangul section. I would really love it if there was a play button next to the romanized text so I didn't have to hit play and quickly scroll down to the romanized text.
Finally, you might want to consider releasing a free iPhone application that asks for your Premium Account user name and password. This way, premium users could access their lessons through the iPhone with all the functionality that the lessons in your iPhone apps have (such as flash cards, etc). Or maybe this would be a feature for the Premium Plus accounts.

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » April 2nd, 2010 8:02 am

They sound like good suggestions, though I am not an iPhone user. Perhaps the coding for the app you suggest might be challenging -- there's probably an app that could be used with slight modification but then licensing might be a cost issue.

However I would recommend that you relinquish your dependence on romanization as soon as possible, this would not only resolve your issue in that regard but learning Hangul is the only way you are ever going to really learn to speak Korean well.

Keep up the studies!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”