Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Baby/Toddler Talk

Kjungs
New in Town

Baby/Toddler Talk

Postby Kjungs » November 3rd, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi! I don't know if it's been covered already but I was wondering if you could do some lessons on parent-to-toddler talk. Just as there's a certain "vocabulary" used in western languages I'm sure there's words and sayings that parents or children use when talking to each other in Korean. I'd love to be able to use them with my kids!
:D

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » November 3rd, 2008 11:42 pm

Nice! There's certainly a whole set of words/phrases that we do indeed use.

This lesson could be part of a series covering several lessons starting with the youngest, then to toddlers, then to elementary school aged children (assuming the roles from multiple perspectives from total stranger, parent, teacher, etc)

I think there could be a lot of cultural points to cover as well. Great suggestion Kjungs and welcome to the forums!

Join by May 6th
hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » November 5th, 2008 4:05 am

Kjungs

Thanks for the suggestion and that's a very good idea! :) We'll be sure to add parent/kid conversations to our lessons! Thank you!

Kjungs
New in Town

Postby Kjungs » November 5th, 2008 4:59 am

matthew254 wrote:Nice! There's certainly a whole set of words/phrases that we do indeed use.

This lesson could be part of a series covering several lessons starting with the youngest, then to toddlers, then to elementary school aged children (assuming the roles from multiple perspectives from total stranger, parent, teacher, etc)

I think there could be a lot of cultural points to cover as well. Great suggestion Kjungs and welcome to the forums!

Hi Matthew! Yes, exactly! I agree. It would be nice to talk to little children and not sound like a child, don't you think? :wink:

Hyunwoo: I'm so glad! I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with! :D

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”