Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Songs and/or K-Dramas

Bouks
Expert on Something

Songs and/or K-Dramas

Postby Bouks » April 17th, 2008 1:43 am

BBC Radio has a feature on their website called something like "Teaching English with Songs". They'll take a few lines from a current popular song (something fairly simple and straightforward, where you can hear the words), and make a little lesson out of it.

They post the lyrics, explain whatever grammar point and/or cultural notion that applies, and post the corresponding audio clip from the song.

This would be fun, if it's doable. (I know that licensing and copyright is an issue.)

Likewise would be using short scenes from our favorite K-Dramas. Very, very cool indeed. (After all...this is where a lot of us starting picking up Korean words in the first place :wink: )
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » April 17th, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey, that would be fantastic idea!

I totally support this suggestion!

It would be nice to understand, even if just a tiny bit, of the korean songs I listen to all the time ^^

Get 40% OFF
Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » April 18th, 2008 1:30 am

Song are definitely a good way to listen to and remember vocabulary and grammar in ANY language that you're doing.

That sounds like a fun, short series that we can do :) We're booked until the summer, but we'll try to fit it in after all the written lessons... I hope it's not too late!

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » April 18th, 2008 2:49 am

Keith, please don't rush! I know you have a lot to do. How about making one per quarter, or every couple of months? Like an ongoing series, but not so frequent as to make you crazy with work.
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » May 10th, 2008 4:23 am

yeah but I must insist that Keith do the singing! lol

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » May 12th, 2008 6:35 am

uhh, i'm not sure about that one... :lol:

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » May 13th, 2008 12:00 am

ahhh, come on Keith씨! You know you're just itching to show off your singing skills. I can't wait for a duet =D

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”