Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Accreditation for High School Student Language Course

Gregshim_228742
New in Town

Accreditation for High School Student Language Course

Postby Gregshim_228742 » January 24th, 2016 10:53 pm

Is there a way to get KoreanClass101.com accredited (if it isn't already). I'd be happy to help if need be (I've helped accredit a couple school districts and graduate schools in the past). My daughter starts HS next year, and while I know some of the content is adult, it's nothing a typical teenager here in the states hasn't heard.
감사합니다!

Gregshim_228742
New in Town

Re: Accreditation for High School Student Language Course

Postby Gregshim_228742 » March 10th, 2016 3:46 am

Woohoo! To happily answer my own question - if your district is open to it (which most are), all you have to do is find the school's standards and then ask to home school the language class. Our county uses Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum which has the following for each level:

• Strategically construct meaning through conversation
• Interpret written and spoken language
• Critique structure to determine the relationship between the practices, products,
and perspectives of culture
• Develop and refine personal viewpoints as related to heritage and target
language
• Compare and Contrast between viewpoints that are unique to target language
and culture
• Combine other disciplines through target language
• Create written and spoken language for an audience

Innovative Language easily covers each of these benchmarks for every level!!! Your child will only get a Pass/Fail grade, but in the long run, your child is learning the language they want and can actually use! Using the Premium Level teacher's remarks as proof that your child is learning (or not learning) along with the recorded dialogues from your child fulfills the conversation constructs. The cultural presentations in almost every lesson easily completes the cultural aspect of the course.

Thank you KoreanClass101.com for giving my daughter a course that she wants to take and for a fraction of the cost of a college accredited course!!! I hope other high school students take advantage of this amazing resource!!!

Again, this is only Pass/Fail, so if you need a grade, good luck finding an accredited course that has both this caliber of instruction/content and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Get 40% OFF
community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: Accreditation for High School Student Language Course

Postby community.korean » March 11th, 2016 2:45 am

Hi Gregshim,

Thank you for commenting, glad that our website was of help to you and your family!

Sincerely,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”