Postby Gregshim_228742 » March 10th, 2016 12:46 pm
Woohoo! To happily answer my own question - if your district is open to it (which most are), all you have to do is find the school's standards and then ask to home school the language class. Our county uses Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum which has the following for each level:
• Strategically construct meaning through conversation
• Interpret written and spoken language
• Critique structure to determine the relationship between the practices, products,
and perspectives of culture
• Develop and refine personal viewpoints as related to heritage and target
• Compare and Contrast between viewpoints that are unique to target language
• Combine other disciplines through target language
• Create written and spoken language for an audience
Innovative Language easily covers each of these benchmarks for every level!!! Your child will only get a Pass/Fail grade, but in the long run, your child is learning the language they want and can actually use! Using the Premium Level teacher's remarks as proof that your child is learning (or not learning) along with the recorded dialogues from your child fulfills the conversation constructs. The cultural presentations in almost every lesson easily completes the cultural aspect of the course.
Thank you KoreanClass101.com for giving my daughter a course that she wants to take and for a fraction of the cost of a college accredited course!!! I hope other high school students take advantage of this amazing resource!!!
Again, this is only Pass/Fail, so if you need a grade, good luck finding an accredited course that has both this caliber of instruction/content and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!