Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Master PDFs for each series

stevenwilson
Been Around a Bit

Master PDFs for each series

Postby stevenwilson » June 24th, 2009 4:56 am

In a week or two I will be going to do a job where I will have extremely limited computer access, in comparison to now where I can use a computer at pretty much any given point in my day.

I was planning on printing out all the lesson notes to supplement all the audio material you guys provide, since I wont be able to view them online for a period. I want to bring 2 new seasons worth of lesson notes with me when I go and if possible the 4 seasons I have completed.

But 6 seasons x 25 lessons +7 (for beginner S1 and lesson 26 in newbie S1) = 157 pdf files to open and print. pdf files load kind of slow, and I would rather not have to open all the files individually click print, close and repeat.

Could you possibly compile the lesson notes for each season? Have like a newbie season 1 master lesson notes document, so that someone can either print off all the lesson notes at once without having to manually open each file?

Also, those who normally do print off the lesson notes, on a regular basis, would probably find it easier to print them in batches rather than each time they start a new lesson.
Last edited by stevenwilson on June 24th, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Postby shanshanchua » June 24th, 2009 8:39 am

Yup, that would be useful for me as well. :)

Get 40% OFF
Taeseong
New in Town

Postby Taeseong » June 25th, 2009 2:55 am

I have many of the PDF files compiled together into master documents (thank you adobt acrobat). If you want you can shoot me an e-mail listing which ones and I can e-mail you back the PDF files.

my e-mail is

Also you could probably just load all the podcasts onto an mp3 if you really wanted to bring the audio.

stevenwilson
Been Around a Bit

Postby stevenwilson » June 30th, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks for the help with the spelling. :D

SeeingLifeAnew
Been Around a Bit

Postby SeeingLifeAnew » December 1st, 2009 2:53 am

I'm just now beginning the classes here and I think this would be a great idea. My computer time is also very limited so I'm listening to the audio a lot at work, but I'd love to be able to just print out all of the PDFs and have them available when offline.

turpie
Been Around a Bit

Postby turpie » January 25th, 2010 1:27 am

It might depend on your operating system but you shouldn't have to print each file individually.

In WindowsXP I just select* all the PDFs I want to print, then right click and select Print. From memory it gives you a warning message asking you to confirm that you really want to, but then it goes off churning through cpu time and paper until its finished. Sometimes the document order can be a bit out of whack, but within each document the pages are printed in the correct order.

* To select the pdfs you just open an Explorer window to the right folder. Change the window View to Detail so that it displays a list. Change the sort order to Type so that all the pdfs are grouped together. Then click on the first pdf you want to print, then Shift-click on the last file if you want a continuous range of files, or Control-click on each file you want to add to the selection.

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”