Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

losing my K-drama source

Bouks
Expert on Something

losing my K-drama source

Postby Bouks » April 4th, 2008 12:22 am

I just recently found out that AZN Television, the only Asian channel on my cable TV service, is being shut down on April 9th. I have tried to find out if the channel will be replaced by something else in our current service, but I can't find any news about it. Are any American members here familiar with the Qwest service? Have you heard any news about their future plans for Asian programming?

My big concern is that the hispanic population is the biggest market down here in the Southwest, so Asian programming might not be in big demand, and perhaps Qwest doesn't intend to fill that niche at all anymore. Now I have to find someplace else to get my K-Dramas :cry:
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » April 4th, 2008 1:45 am

i don't know anything about qwest, but i live in nashville and the cable providers here are also discontinuing at least some of the korean channels. right know you can get mbc, kbs, and sbs here - i don't know if they are cancelling all of them or just some, or if it's just some providers, or what...

that is sad too, because there are a few markets here where they burn discs of all the new shows every week from those channels and you can rent them for a dollar and bring them back. i suppose that will end when the channels end.

there is always youtube. or, if you don't have a mac(which i do) you can watch a lot of shows straight from the tv channels websites.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”