Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

who made the intro music?

Bouks
Expert on Something

who made the intro music?

Postby Bouks » March 12th, 2008 4:38 am

I love the podcast intro music. My daughter really busts the moves when she hears it, I need to capture that on video :lol: Is the music adapted from a full-length track that's available somewhere?
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » March 12th, 2008 5:41 am

Our intro music was made by none other than... Marky from Japanesepod101. He's a sound engineer and DJ, and we asked him to make an intro for us. It's taken from the song 아리랑 one of the most famous traditional Korean songs, and it's played on a 가야금 (kind of like a Korean guitar). And of course Marky added some funky beats to it so we're not back in the 1400's. :D

The song is extremely famous and popular, and there are numerous remakes of it out there. Some of them being rock versions, hip-hop versions, punk versions, etc. And of course there are the traditional versions out there with the traditional instruments. So if you want some more of it, there's a plethora of remakes out there!

Get 40% OFF
Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » March 12th, 2008 3:07 pm

That's from Arirang? I have heard parts of the song before (also modern versions) but not that particular part. It's very cute. [clapping hands for DJ Marky]

I believe I saw the instrument being played in the series Hwang Jini. Hey, what have you got against the 1400's :D
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

beenalee
New in Town

Postby beenalee » April 28th, 2008 9:38 am

Oh wow! I've been wondering who made that too! I love that intro sound ^^ Never knew it was from Arirang. That's the coolest thing ever! ^^

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”