Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

!!! Newbie beware unauthorized premium service charge !!!

aedahh
New in Town

!!! Newbie beware unauthorized premium service charge !!!

Postby aedahh » February 8th, 2010 1:29 am

Just want to get this message out there...

For newbies that are signing up and paying 9.99 shipping charge for the "FREE" "Getting Started DVD", somehow the site enrolled you into there premium monthly service and you will be charged for it!

I'm still trying to get my refund; there is no phone number to contact this site??? WTF

robmorton
New in Town

Renewal charges, etc.

Postby robmorton » February 8th, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello aedahh,

Thank you for subscribing to KoreanClass101.com. It was actually stated on the sales page that the subscription would renew and can be canceled at any time, below is an excerpt:

"Second, you're going to get started learning Korean immediately. You're getting Premium membership access to KoreanClass101 .com for an entire month for FREE. You pay nothing for full access to everything we have on mastering Korean for entire month. After the first month, if you love it, do nothing else but continue improving you Korean learning with the course and Membership, and you will continue to have access for only $25.00 / month. If it's not for you, for any reason, just cancel at any time. I'm confident that if you want to learn Korean , you will not find any better way."

You can also review this here: http://www.koreanclass101.com/ultimate (if anyone wants to get this offer you can also sill access it here)

In any case, I apologize if you missed this. Please send me an email at and I'll cancel and refund the subscription.

Best,

Rob Morton
Head of Customer Service

Get 40% OFF
turpie
Been Around a Bit

Postby turpie » February 9th, 2010 10:34 pm

I once had a glitch with my account because I had accidently created two subscriptions. I just sent a message to the address Rob gave you which is on the Contact Us page, someone fixed it and refunded my money within a day.

The subscriptions would probably have to be a lot more expensive if they had to run a worldwide 24 hour call centre for the few people who have problems that can't wait for an email response.

Stormprincess
New in Town

Postby Stormprincess » February 10th, 2010 10:41 am

Generally it works like that, and you HAVE TO CANCELL if you dont want your premium account renewed... not only on KoreanClass 101, but mostly on all sites, where you pay a membership.
It is, because it's more comfortable and more easy to keep your account available for longterm, and you dont have to make yourself a plus task in your life to remember every month/ 3 months or whatever to renew the payment.
Also, it guarantees for the owners of the site getting their money for their hard work.
I know, that always reading all of the FAQ-s or the details of all registrations is bothering and tireding, but saves you these type of bad experiences.
I hope you are getting more wise in this topic^^, and please enjoy studying Korean!! I think its a great language, and I actually really appreciate what i study here. I also use textbook, but KC101 is more like the everyday language, and has useful things. I am very satisfied with it^^.
best wishes!^^^

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”