Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

In which way do you use the word bank?

stevenwilson
Been Around a Bit

In which way do you use the word bank?

Postby stevenwilson » July 8th, 2009 9:20 am

The title was originally "How do you use the word bank?", but I thought that might be mistaken as a technical help question.

When I started, I threw all the words in there that came up in each lesson. I liked seeing the total number of words as kind of a trophy that i had learned something. But I found this was not useful or accurate. I was getting tested on 안녕 and its multiple variants allot more than necessary, and words which appear in multiple lessons were being entered into the wordbank multiple times resulting in the exact same word showing up like 5 times. This wasn't useful for reviewing and it was inaccurate as a counter of words I learned. So i went through and purged all repeat words as well as words which were just Koreanised English words.

I later decided that list was to large and it was still difficult to get words I was unsure of, to come to show up as often as I liked. So I removed the words which I could say without thinking. I still left in words which I recognised if i read them, but I would take a few seconds of concentration for me to come up with the word if i was given the english equivalent.

Most recently, I decided that list was also unwieldy. So I canned all the words and I decided to only put in words which I just recently learned as well as words I might not be able to recall at all if given the english equivalent. Once I can recall the word I remove it from the word bank.

How do all of you use the word bank? What type of words do you keep in it? Do you find it useful?

syn70
Been Around a Bit

Postby syn70 » July 15th, 2009 1:17 am

I put the words that I get wrong in the review

Get 40% OFF
Micky
New in Town

Postby Micky » July 16th, 2009 9:22 am

I put the words that I get wrong in the review

Hello,

Great idea man, it will make my learning a lot easier now, thank you very much.

Thanks, micky Simulation pret

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”