a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hi! and Commuting from Bundang to Gwangju

Beison
New in Town

Hi! and Commuting from Bundang to Gwangju

Postby Beison » January 29th, 2010 2:59 am

Hey guys,

Pretty new to the site, and the language too! I got myself a job teaching English in the city of Gwangju (the northern one) for a public elementary school through the GEPIK program. I'm going to start in a month (currently living in Chicago, USA) and to say that I'm pumped would be an understatement! I joined the site because it's a complete goal of mine to become fluent in the Korean language while I'm teaching, and figured it'd be a good thing to get a head start learning the basics while I'm still in the states.

My main question about commuting is that my apartment is going to be in Bundang and I'm going to be teaching in Gwangju. The school told me it's about an hour commute in the morning on the bus (due to traffic). If I were to buy a small korean made motorcycle (125cc or 250cc), would I be able to use it to commute to work faster?

Thanks for any insight, and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Danny

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » January 30th, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi, Danny.
Do you know where will your apartment be located?
Is there a certain reason you would stay in bundang?
I live in Gwangju so I think I could help you.

Sean

Get 40% OFF
Beison
New in Town

Postby Beison » January 31st, 2010 3:34 am

hey manyakumi,

so I don't know where my appartment is going to be, I had initially tried to get a place in Gwangju, but the school I'm working for said they were trapped in a lease or something and I had to stay in bundang. I'll be teaching at the Gwangju elementary school (not sure if there is more than one) but we should definitely meet up when I get there!

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » February 10th, 2010 7:53 am

Hi, Danny.

Do you mean they will offer an apartment for you?
Or you'd better find a place in Gwangju because...

There are two main access roads to Gwangju from Bundang and both two let you meet too steep hills to go through with a bike. Besides, one of the roads is exclusive for cars I guess. (The northern one, and I've never seen any bike riders on that road.)
The southern one will make you have a long journey to reach to your school everyday if you have to stay in Northern Bundang.

Anyway, let me know the updates and feel free to ask me anything about this.

Beison wrote:I'll be teaching at the Gwangju elementary school (not sure if there is more than one) but we should definitely meet up when I get there!

Sure, why not?
:wink:

Return to “Working & Studying in Korea (한국에서 일하거나 공부하기)”