Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

What else is there?

kimmrcs75
New in Town

What else is there?

Postby kimmrcs75 » September 1st, 2009 6:28 am

I'm thinking of going back to Korea to visit. I've been back a couple times before so I'm not totally unfamiliar. But because I've been to Korea before, this time around I don't want to do any of the usual tourist activities, like see palaces, go to Insadong, see traditional folk villages, etc... So what do you recommend to someone who wants to visit Korea again who's been there a few times already?

kevinmiller
New in Town

Postby kevinmiller » October 26th, 2009 1:53 pm

Chejudo is a fun and relaxing island getaway. The hotels can be kind of expensive but I stayed in a really nice sauna for 7,000 won a night while I was there.

There are also a bunch of theme parks in Korea. I would recommend Everland if you wanted to do something like that. I've been to all the major ones(Lotte World, Everland, Seoul Land) and would say that Everland is the best one hands down.

Gangnam in Seoul is a cool place to see the Manhattan type area of Seoul, or even Myeongdong if you really like shopping. Coex Mall is also in Gangnam and there's a pretty cool aquarium there. Biking in Yeouido is nice as long as it's not cold, then it's rather miserable. If you're going to be there a while, you could even take a trip to China. I did a short trip and got a roundtrip ticket for less than $200.

Then there are all the normal things that I love so much about Korea - the karaoke rooms, the pc rooms, cafes, fruit cafes, and samgyubsal and galbi restaurants.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”