Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Tourism Information

Keith
Expert on Something

Tourism Information

Postby Keith » September 11th, 2007 4:21 am

If anyone is planning on going to Korea, or even live in Korea, the KTO (Korea Tourism Organization) has set up a number for any visitors to be much more comfortable during their trip to Korea.

The number is 1330. If you're dialing from a land line, you have just have to dial 1330. If you're calling from a cell phone you just put the area code in front of 1330 (i.e. Seoul = 02-1330).

Seoul has English speakers, but I'm not sure about the other numbers :oops:

I used this number all the time when I was living in Seoul. I used it mostly for bus routes and times. But this can be used for anything. You can call for show times, bus routes, restaurant recommendations, weather reports. Anything and everything.

The operators have access to the internet, so even if they don't know the answer to your question, they can find out anything for you. They don't always have the answer for you, but they are very very helpful. And this line is open 24 hours.

Even Korean people should use this. This is a great resource!!!!! Highly recommended :!: :D

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » September 13th, 2007 10:35 pm

Yes, it is indeed very useful for everyone who wants to get some help right away on their cellphones :D I REALLY recommend everyone to try dialing the number, too!!! Even if you don't have anything to ask about, it can be good practice!

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » October 13th, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm going next month!!

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » October 14th, 2007 1:08 am

Wow, really? :D

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » October 15th, 2007 3:53 pm

I am leaving for Korea on November 15th, staying for ten days. It is a quick trip but that is what works for my schedule right now :( . My wife is leaving for Korea next week and then will be coming home with me.

What is the difference between 동대문 and 남대문 시장?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » October 15th, 2007 4:18 pm

The main difference between 동대문 and 남대문 is the kind of goods that they sell. For retail shops, there aren't that much difference, except that you can find a lot of electronic goods sold at low prices in 남대문.

For wholesalers, 동대문 has more fabric for clothes and books, toys, underwears, and 남대문 has more children's clothing and food, accessories, glasses, and so on.

10 days is a not long for someone like you who's already spent years in Korea, right? :D

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » October 16th, 2007 12:07 am

Well, we invited my parents to come along. Scheduling this trip has been... interesting... 나래, as you know, is in high school and so she can't miss much school. My parents would like to see Korea and this seemed like the best time for it all to come together. I don't think that they would be up for a trip much longer than 10 days.
Besides visiting with family we are planning on doing mostly touring; it will be a very busy ten days. We are trying to get everything planned out beforehand to make it a worthwhile trip for my parents.

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”