Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Where Should I Begin

arthurlim917684
New in Town

Where Should I Begin

Postby arthurlim917684 » August 29th, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi, I just signed up for a premium account here and I am afraid I do not know where to begin learning Korean here as there is just too much resources here!

My only exposure to Korean is from watching various Korean dramas & Variety shows so all i know is a medley of basic words such as "Hi" and "Thank You". I am totally clueless on the vocabulary, grammar and sentence structure.

What I would like is to start from the basics, to learn the alphabets, grammar and sentence structure and such, before moving on to learning what each words means, if possible.

So, my question is whether there is a best place for me to begin?

Thank you for the response in advance!

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello arthurlim917684,

Postby timandyou » August 30th, 2010 1:09 am

Hello :P :P :P ,

This is Tim from KoreanClass101.com.
Thanks for signing up for a premium account.
We will do our best to help you out.

You are seemed you are a very beginner.
There are lessons' categories for you - Absolute Beginner, NewBie Lessons, and Beginner Lessons.
Personally I do recommend you to listen to Absolute Beginner lessons.
(Since I make my lessons - Absolute Beginner Season 2) I do know, personally, those lessons are GOOD! Give it a listen please.
Give it a listen to not only my lessons but other lessons, and then you choose your level and your favorite lessons (Korean and English hosts).
I hope you would like my lessons. BUT IT IS NOT MY CALL BUT YOURS!
"VERY NICE TO MEET YOU~~ 만나서 방가 방가~~@"
cheers,

ps. by the way, what's your name?
what's your background? where do you live in now? 8)

Get 40% OFF
arthurlim917684
New in Town

Hello, Tim

Postby arthurlim917684 » August 30th, 2010 2:17 am

Hi, and thanks for your quick reply!

Currently, i have only completed Absolute Beginner Season 1, Lesson 1, and it was wonderful! The lesson was structured very well to facilitate my learning so kudos to koreanclass101 for that! :D

I decided to start off with the absolute beginner to expand my vocabulary but may i inquire where do i go to learn about the alphabets and stuff?

p.s. Oops, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Arthur, and i am a Singaporean. Currently 19, and still a student. My interest in Korean stemmed from watching Korean variety and dramas! :D

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » August 30th, 2010 3:57 am

Nice to meet you arthurlim917684!

I'm, George, a fellow student.. Korean dramas are so cool and a great learning tool.

Can you already read Hangul?

George

arthurlim917684
New in Town

Postby arthurlim917684 » August 30th, 2010 11:10 am

Hi George, and its nice to meet you too!

Ya, Korean show are what introduced me to Korea actually!

Regarding Hangul, I do have an elementary understanding of the alphabets and how to write them. However, its nothing solid that i can based my Korean studies on though..

Regards,
Arthur

Return to “Learn Korean Forum Help and Posting Guidelines (포럼 도움말 및 게시물 등록 안내)”